Something Fun! Things Not Do While Trying To Lose Weight!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Don't set yourself up for failure by expecting quick results, perfect workouts and easy nutrition.

Don't give up the things you love (wine, chocolate or bread) completely. Just scale back and count for them in your daily calories.

Don't let other people bully you into things you are not interested in, classes, food choices, etc.

Don't be afraid to take a break or have a cheat meal.

Don't give up.

I agree with everyone in this thread, but I had to quote this post for wine, chocolate and bread! I'd switch out the wine for beer, but otherwise I'm so with you :drinker:

I'll add one that I don't think has been said (though I may have missed it) - don't eat out of boredom or procrastination. I'm not so much an emotional eater as I am a bored one. I use food to amuse me but also to help me put off doing coursework.
  • Awesomers
    Awesomers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Don't go to a restaurant with your non-dieting friend and tell her that her appetizer is 1200 calories.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sitting idle. Idle hands can pick up food or alcohol and put it in your mouth - what an easy and thoughtless way to destroy a whole day of planning!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Don't go to a restaurant with your non-dieting friend and tell her that her appetizer is 1200 calories.

I'm terrible about this - I try not to do it, but sometimes my non-dieting boyfriend asks me to estimate how many calories are in something.
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

I need to remember this one.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Don't go around in baggy clothes. As you lose weight, replace as needed. I get mine from thrift shops, to save money. How your clothes feel on your body is a great indicator of weight changes, either way up or down. Baggy clothing adds visual weight to your frame, defeating your efforts to look slim and trim. You don't have to go skin tight, just well fitting.

I'm so guilty of this that my boss made me promise to sign over my baggiest sweater when I hit my goal, so she can chop it into tiny pieces.

My biggest "Don't" is don't spend an entire hour trying to find a valid excuse to not work out, when you can spend that hour working out! Sometimes just getting up and starting is the hardest part, and it's smooth sailing from there.
  • SaraD79
    SaraD79 Posts: 9
    Options
    I need that shirt that says "No one wants to hear about your diet. Just eat your lettuce and be sad."
    [/quote]

I'd buy that shirt!! lmao!
  • Mogiamby
    Mogiamby Posts: 12
    Options
    n
  • Mogiamby
    Mogiamby Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't (and this is hard) bang on to other people endlessly about your diet. Seriously, no one likes that person ;)

This. I have to remind myself to just not talk about it. Nobody wants to hear about your diet. So i come here and talk at you people about it lol.

Ha, well that's what we're here for! :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Don't (and this is hard) bang on to other people endlessly about your diet. Seriously, no one likes that person ;)

Yeah, but the only other subject I'm interested in is politics (and all but one member of my family are on the other side of the political spectrum), so they're fine with me going on and on about everything new that I've learned about food.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Don't tell anybody you're trying to lose weight.