Vegetarian Travel Lunches?

Options
Do you have a good idea for a vegetarian lunch?

I'm struggling to find ones that don't involve bread (nothing wrong with bread, but I eat it too much; trying to moderate).

I also like to feel as though I'm eating a lot of food. Just not a lot of calories ;)

Thanks!

Replies

• TheWeightOfFood
    TheWeightOfFood Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Really? No one?

I guess that tells you how hard they are to make!
  • ARMS1018
    ARMS1018 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like taking a bunch of snacks that make up a small lunch: stuffed grape leaves, olives, nuts, dried fruits, berries, small but flavorful cheese, baby carrots, etc. The kinds of non-meat items a nice restaurant might serve with a fancy cheese board.

Or I prepare a huge pot of brown rice at the beginning of the week and then mix different things in with it each day to make lunch more interesting (i.e. curry and chickpeas one day, perhaps avocado and beans/cheese the next).

I try to keep low sodium soups in the fridge at work as a "back-up" incase I forget lunch, but they never seem to fill me up. :-/

Hopefully some, if any of that, is helpful :)
  • misdreagus
    misdreagus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian wraps, hummus and veg to dip, salads, soups, crackers, pasta
  • debrakay001
    debrakay001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make an egg salad without egg using tofu....without bread...you could eat it up in lettuce wraps, wasa crackers, sliced veggies etc.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as a friend or browse my diary! I eat a lot of "salads"-- that are quinoa/bean/pea-based. Just make it, put it in tupperware, and bring a fork. You can't really eat it with one hand while you're driving, but they're very portable and stay fresh all day.