How to record weight loss without a scale

Options
Hey fellow fitness soldiers,

I'm trying to figure out how to keep track of my weight loss. I don't own a scale and I don't have the money to buy one, so I was planning to judge by pant sizes. Right now I am at a VERY TIGHT size 14. I know everyone is different, but maybe if anyone might have a general idea it would help so I can keep recording weight loss on here; it will help with motivation.

Replies

• karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Measuring tape? Track lost inches.
  • seabirdie12
    seabirdie12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Can you purchase a soft measuring tape to measure inches? They're pretty cheap and easy to find with the sewing supplies.

If for some reason you can't, or you can't find one, take a string or a piece of yarn and wrap it around your waist and mark it (don't cut it because it'll be really hard to hold it and measure again next time). Once every couple of weeks, wrap it around again and remark it. Use a different string for different body parts (just remember which string goes where!) If / when you do get a measuring tape, you'll be able to measure the string and see how many inches you lost over time. :) Even if you don't, you'll still be able to see how much your body has shrunk!
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad idea.. .I think I maybe can afford a measuring tape :)
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you live but I got a cheap digital scale from walmart for like $17 dollars. I've been using it for two years and it is still accurate (i verified the calibration a couple days ago using two dumbbells and it was only off by 0.2 )
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad idea.. .I think I maybe can afford a measuring tape :)

$0.99 at walmart. thats where I got mine!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Also track using progress pictures. This is a great way to actually see the difference.. Good luck to you
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Go buy a tailor's tape. They are very inexpensive.