summer low cal treats

Options
Soooo don't know about the rest of the world but its starting to warm up in the UK and so im wanting to share nice summery healthy foods that celebrate summer without piling on the lbs!!!!

I have found mini twister ice lollies these are 45cals they are super sweet and also refreshing so feels naughty but isn't really and its stopping me hitting the chocolate!!!!

Replies

• Vigilance88
    Vigilance88 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for watermelon to be back in stores for a normal price :drinker:
  • angelkawaii
    angelkawaii Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yasso Greek yogurt pops! Only 100 cals and come in a lot of flavours!
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for watermelon to be back in stores for a normal price :drinker:

Me and you. :happy:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Fruit :) I could live on fruit alone in spring and summer. And of course ice cream, lots and lots of ice cream. Add some cold beer in the evening, and this is a balanced full diet, I do not need anything else until summer is over ;)
    Seriously now, an ice cream cone (regular ice cream, not "light" substitutes) is relatively low calorie compared to most other treats. If you are looking for something you can eat in large quantities without worrying about calories adding up, homemade banana ice cream is great and you can make it with only bananas, or add other fruit (strawberries are great) and even some chocolate sprinkles or nuts etc will still keep it low calorie. Frozen yoghurt is also something I love, and it is basically yoghurt, mixed in with fruit and/or nuts.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sorbet!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hartleys do a 10 calorie jelly in about 5 flavours. About 50p a pot.

Why not make some of your own ice lollys using smoothies or squash? I have just bought a mould for £1.89 (free p+p)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Cavity-Frozen-Ice-Cream-Lolly-Lollies-Summer-DIY-Maker-Juice-Popsicle-Mould-/360890020111?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item5406b8b10f
  • kellbell1584
    kellbell1584 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im looking to do some of these this weekend, if the sun shows up here in norfolk lol, how did yours come out?
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Last summer I made frozen yogurt drops. Put yogurt into a baggie, cut off a tip on one end, and squeeze little drops of yogurt onto a cookie sheet. Put in freezer and let freeze. Delicious and refreshing healthy and low calorie snack! :)
  • Nightstar76
    Nightstar76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Freezing green grapes (make sure they are sweet) are a nice treat!
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sorbet!!
    And homemade smoothies. pretty much been living off them :P
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I think Soleros are about 95 cals - very very tasty full on ice cream for the cals...yum!!
  • 12pillows
    12pillows Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Freezing green grapes (make sure they are sweet) are a nice treat!

I definitely agree with this! They take ages to eat as well if you just suck them, so it satisfies my 'need to be eating' as well as sweet cravings!

And like muffie says, sorbet is always a winner <3
  • kconrad1712
    kconrad1712 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Here is a delicious recipe - I "eyeball it" according to my taste, so feel free to edit it to yours.

blender or food processor
    chunks of 1 super ripe watermelon
    juice from 1/2 or 1 whole lime
    a *few* ice cubes - just for chill. don't put in enough to water it down -or- leave them out of the blender and pour the treat over ice.

blend and serve. refreshing, filling and tasty!!
    This also freezes amazingly well for popsicles.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I have some Popsicle holders for homemade Popsicles. I love filling them with FF Greek yogurt flavored with cocoa and stevia extract. I've also done some yogurt smoothly berry Popsicles, too.
    Juices would also work very well.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hartleys do a 10 calorie jelly in about 5 flavours. About 50p a pot.

Why not make some of your own ice lollys using smoothies or squash? I have just bought a mould for £1.89 (free p+p)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Cavity-Frozen-Ice-Cream-Lolly-Lollies-Summer-DIY-Maker-Juice-Popsicle-Mould-/360890020111?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item5406b8b10f
    Are you talking about summer squash? Can you elaborate,please?
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze grapes and cherries. (wash them first). Also blueberries. I eat them frozen for a snack.

I also like to eat frozen peas and frozen greenbeans (from the package) without cooking them for a cool snack.