Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

A Blender Question.

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Nutribullet does a nice job for those quick shakes (I use with my protein shakes) but I have owned the VitaMix for a few years now and it was worth the money in my opinion. I have a few friends that have the Ninja and swear by it and the price point is much less than the VitaMix but I have never used the Ninja.... Best of Luck
  • tanyaelise
    tanyaelise Posts: 28
    I have an Oster blender. Just one switch on/off/pulse. It looks like a beehive. I love that thing. A friend had one in her rental unit and it lasted thru that abuse so I know they are sturdy. It pulverizes ice... no chunks. You can find it on amazon for around $50.
  • Thanks everyone for the advice! I really do appreciate it. I'm thinking I'll go with the $99 one at Bed Bath & Beyond. Mainly because it sounds good, and because I have the 20% off coupon. The idea of saving sounds good, but I'm hopefully going to be moving abroad next year, so I could always get a better one then.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    I know this probably doesn't help you because of the cost, but for the VALUE...Vitamix is the way to go. I bought mine to make baby food. Said "baby" is now 15 and I'm still using the same Vitamix almost daily.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    isnt' the nutribullet like $100 bux?
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    If you sign up for coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond...they send out 20% off coupons about monthly.

San :)

That's true and the OP could buy a Ninja blender.

Oh the Ninja is goooooood!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Ninja's are good if you want to stay under $100.00 but I would suggest a Vitamix, I absolutely love mine!! But mine was $400.00 so it is a little pricey but I got mine from QVC and they almost always have them on easy pay, usually 5 or 6 payments so it would be around $70 or $80.00 a month, but there is no interest. This might work for you too, since you don't want to spend a lot right now. You can do anything from chopping, smoothies, any kind of nut butters from just nuts, also do soups but I haven't had any luck with soup as of yet, I think I am too picky when it comes to veggies. Good luck!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Honestly, I have an Oster blender that I love. I got it at Walmart for 20-30 bucks and have had to two years, use it exclusively for smoothies, and it's wonderful.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    I have a variant of the Ninja Master Prep food processor/blender, with one large and one small container. I've been quite pleased so far. I was a little dubious about its having the motor on top, and only one speed; but it's worked well and been easy to clean.
  • I have a variant of the Ninja Master Prep food processor/blender, with one large and one small container. I've been quite pleased so far. I was a little dubious about its having the motor on top, and only one speed; but it's worked well and been easy to clean.

Is it one of the pulsing ones? I originally looked at those.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    NutriNinja, about $80.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    I have a variant of the Ninja Master Prep food processor/blender, with one large and one small container. I've been quite pleased so far. I was a little dubious about its having the motor on top, and only one speed; but it's worked well and been easy to clean.

I have that one too, I love it ! I use it for smoothies and much more.

I suggested the NutriNinja as it's made for smoothies. You make them in the same to-go cup as you drink them from.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member

I have that one too, I love it ! I use it for smoothies and much more.

I suggested the NutriNinja as it's made for smoothies. You make them in the same to-go cup as you drink them from.
    The NutriNinja looks a lot like my Nutribullet. I like the design and how easy the parts are to clean.
  • seasonsanna
    seasonsanna Posts: 53
    Save up and get a vitamix. You can order refurbished ones from the website at a deep discount, they come with 5 year warrantees and handy dandy extras. We've had ours for 7 years, still kicks *kitten* with no problems, plus they hold their value really well, so if you ever wanted to upgrade you could sell it and get a nice chunk of money to put towards a new one.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Love my Ninja. Look online and you can get it without all of the additional accessories. Mine for approximately $150 came with blender, two cups, mixing bowl and 3 or 4 blades.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I personally prefer the small one serving blenders. You can throw both the blade and the cup(s) right in the dishwasher. I hate cleaning blenders, I also hate the space a big one takes up. The single serving blenders are as strong as the big ones. I make a protein smoothie with huge chunks of frozen fruit and it blends great. I've had it a couple of years now and with every other day use, no problems. Plus it's under $100.

http://www.target.com/p/nutri-ninja-pro-blender/-/A-15124275#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=blender
  • mindi37
    mindi37 Posts: 3 Member
    The one I have is also the Ninja Master prep. Its great and everything goes into the dishwasher.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Right now, I have a really pathetic blender that doesn't do much. So I'm spending a ton of money on protein smoothies because I'm obsessed with them. Payday is Friday, so I want to get a good blender that will make good fruit smoothies. I'd prefer to spend less than $100 on it. Any suggestions?

I was going to suggest Vitamix, then I saw your less than $100 limit.

As someone who just received a Vitamix for my birthday, I would say save up something from each pay period - say $25 - if you can and buy a decent blender. Could be Vitamix or Blentec, you will not regret it.

In the meantime, use the pathetic blender - Rome was not built in a day.

+1
    I have a a Blendtec and it is superb. Best investment I made in a long time! You can get them refurbished.
    Stef.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    NutriBullet. I LOVE mine!!
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    If there is any way you can save up and get a Vitamix do it. Nothing compares.