11 months and 70 pounds :D

Options
Grumpsandwich
Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
Im 40 this year, I have been obese since I was 20 :( I have been struggling with polycystic ovarian syndrome that caused infertility,severe hormonal and metabolic issues. If that wasnt enough I also have hashimotos hypothyroid and spinal birth defects that left me in a back brace (corset with shaped steel reinforced bars down the back ) for nearly a decade ( from early teens to young adult for scoloisis, spina bifida occulta and various other mal formations and pars defects, honestly to this day i dont know what they hell they were talking bout with pars defects? Whats a pars defect? lol They wanted to do spinal fusion when i was a kid but my parents declined the OP, glad they did because i made it through just fine)
I avoid heavy weights for obvious reasons but i do reps with light 5 lb dumb bells, work out on the elliptical and my savior and my main exercise is belly dancing :D Its so much fun that its motivated me to do drills regularly ( purchased videos on amazon.com )and now I have joined a studio for proper classes ( You cant imagine what a big step this has been )
I did the whole 1200 calorie diet for most of my journey ( And before you jump down my throat :P) I was given my diet by my endocrinologist in conjunction with a nutritionist at the local hospital. I do eat my calories back but the first 3 months I hadn't as I didn't know about it and it was before I joined MFP.
As i don't have many friends in the real world I've come to share my progress with you lot ( Sorry if I rambled, i tend to do that a lot hehe)

70.jpg

10 pounds from final goal :D

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! You look amazing!!
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! :)
  • choll80
    choll80 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very inspriring, way to overcome your obstacles and not make excuses!
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Stunning transformation! Congratulations!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow. go YOU! :)
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm curious, did the endrocinologist tell you to reduce your fructose intake?
  • steffi29986
    steffi29986 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done so good. Well done you! Definitely motivation to keep going.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Im 40 this year, I have been obese since I was 20 :( I have been struggling with polycystic ovarian syndrome that caused infertility,severe hormonal and metabolic issues. If that wasnt enough I also have hashimotos hypothyroid and spinal birth defects that left me in a back brace (corset with shaped steel reinforced bars down the back ) for nearly a decade ( from early teens to young adult for scoloisis, spina bifida occulta and various other mal formations and pars defects, honestly to this day i dont know what they hell they were talking bout with pars defects? Whats a pars defect? lol They wanted to do spinal fusion when i was a kid but my parents declined the OP, glad they did because i made it through just fine)
    I avoid heavy weights for obvious reasons but i do reps with light 5 lb dumb bells, work out on the elliptical and my savior and my main exercise is belly dancing :D Its so much fun that its motivated me to do drills regularly ( purchased videos on amazon.com )and now I have joined a studio for proper classes ( You cant imagine what a big step this has been )
    I did the whole 1200 calorie diet for most of my journey ( And before you jump down my throat :P) I was given my diet by my endocrinologist in conjunction with a nutritionist at the local hospital. I do eat my calories back but the first 3 months I hadn't as I didn't know about it and it was before I joined MFP.
    As i don't have many friends in the real world I've come to share my progress with you lot ( Sorry if I rambled, i tend to do that a lot hehe)

70.jpg

10 pounds from final goal :D

Good job. :flowerforyou:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so healthy and beautiful! Amazing transformation!
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options

She said exactly what I wanted to say. Great job!!!
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options

She said exactly what I wanted to say. Great job!!!

+2
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm curious, did the endrocinologist tell you to reduce your fructose intake?

I was given the exact same diet basically that is given to diabetics. 1200 calories, 135g of carbs and NO fruit juice and to limit my fruit intake. No more than half a banana, and more or less I can go wild with berries :D ( moderation of course) I had given up sugar for splenda ( except for the occasional donut/icecream/chocolate rewards) Whole grains in place of enriched flours, sweet potato instead of white potato ect
  • LisaC101
    LisaC101 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Your super amazing!! So inspirational and motivating!! Good Job!!
  • trish07tx
    trish07tx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You look great! Very inspiring! ANd now I want to belly dance! :)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW is all I can say!! You've done major work!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My little one has spina bifida and I often worry what the future will hold for her, but way to rock it and be healthy! :)
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wanted to add. Your arms are amazing for 5 lb dumb bells
  • aibridges
    aibridges Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome! That's my goal too. Glad you are conquering your health. You're an inspiration for us all.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!