Personal Trainer

Options
Hello
I've joined a gym, finally and I can't afford a PT but wondering how I would go about making a program for weight loss and toning?

I need to loose 21lbs

TIA

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I was faced with the similar dilemma. If you don't have muscle, there won't be anything to tone. So your best bet is to lift heavy and eat healthy. I would recommend contacting a nutritionist or research online for your calorie goals and macros. If you're just looking to lose weight, calorie deficit will get you there. If you want to tone, you'll need to lift. Good luck!
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The best would be to start of with cardio machines, elliptical trainer, rowing machine, treadmill etc. This will set you on the path of building some lean muscle and no you wont end up looking like a body-builder this will just get you stronger to tackle some free weights later on + cardio is good for burning calories.

As for the food, this will take a lot of research as to what would be best to eat. What is your current calorie set at on mfp.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact me and ill try and help out as much as possible.
  • nachelavery
    Options
    Try body building dot com, they have a lot of customized at home and gym workouts for free depending on your fitness goals. Don't let the name fool you, the site isn't just for bodybuilders.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Try body building dot com, they have a lot of customized at home and gym workouts for free depending on your fitness goals. Don't let the name fool you, the site isn't just for bodybuilders.

If there was a like button I would click it, great too see that people know bodybuilding.com isn't just for bodybuilders.
  • bubblyandblonde
    bubblyandblonde Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My friend has just told me about this site!! Thanks x
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Can we start working towards not ever using the word toning when it comes to working out anymore?

*sigh*

Here, go here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T74Xek-pDLM
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    full time student & part time worker. I also cannot afford a personal trainer.
    however, I do a ton of research. Plus, I decided to budget specifically for a personal trainer.
    Maybe follow some advice and look for some future months where you can budget in a personal trainer.
  • bubblyandblonde
    bubblyandblonde Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, I have actually just started on the cardio machines, I have been on the rowing machine, biking, elliptical trainer and treadmill so least I started in the right place.

As for food, I am doing slimming world, and really enjoying it and already lost 13lbs on it, so will be carrying on with slimming world as my whole family enjoy the meals too :)

Thank you, I am going to add you if you don't mind

The best would be to start of with cardio machines, elliptical trainer, rowing machine, treadmill etc. This will set you on the path of building some lean muscle and no you wont end up looking like a body-builder this will just get you stronger to tackle some free weights later on + cardio is good for burning calories.

As for the food, this will take a lot of research as to what would be best to eat. What is your current calorie set at on mfp.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to contact me and ill try and help out as much as possible.
  • tripn404
    tripn404 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i heart bodybuilding.com routines/mealplans/success stories