Confused on Calories Net or Goal?

Options
Hello I just started and feel very motivated. I am just confused on the calories. It told me I need 1500 calories daily and after I exercise of couse they go up. What number should I be looking at the end of th eday the net amount or goal?? PLease help

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    Net. You want to eat your exercise calories.
  • Shabbytouch
    Options
    Thank you for your help. I will do that. NET>>>NET>>>NET lol
    Congratulations to you
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    You want zero calories remaining at the end of the day, and you want your net calories to be equal to your goal. Net is what you've eaten minus your exercise calories.

Ex:

Goal (regular, before exercise)= 1500
    Exercise = 500

This gives you 2000 calories to eat. If you only eat 1600, then your net will be 1600 - 500 = 1100, which is too low.
    However, if you ate the full 2000, then your net will be 2000 - 500 = 1500, which is equal to your goal.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Net = total caloris minus exercise so 1500 Net is your goal, if you start at 1500 and exercise for 400 your net is now 1100 (1500-400) and you must eat the 400 to get you to 1500 Net which is the same, in this case, as 1900 total (1500+400)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Eating net doesn't always work out for some people though.

Calories burned is an estimate so if it over estimates it can slow weight loss down. I usually take the middle number on calories burned and don't eat all of them back.

It really just depends on you and what works for you.

So in essence I eat the 1500 plus half of what I've burned.
  • Shabbytouch
    Options
    Thanks for your answes this really has helped..my next weigh in will be on Monday so I'll see how that goes...so far I got the calories good but sometimes its hard to get close to the max...I have noticed that some of my numbers are on red will this affect my results...I'm trying to and I. Believe I have been eating healthy so I don't know why numbers are on the negative
  • pricebs
    Options
    Im with you on this whole net or goal calories...I have been eating healthy all week but I always come up short with the calorie goal which is generally what I execerised off. Thanks for posting this,. It has been really helpful.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    It's really hard to perfectly balance the carbs, fats and protein every day. As long as you aren't consistently over in fat, and the overages/underages more or less equal out over time, don't worry about it. I was consistently over on protein, but I need the extra protein for repair, so I went into my profile and changed my percentages, so now I come out closer most of the time.