New to MFP

Options
I just joined yesterday, and today was my first day actually dieting...or shall I say eating healthy! I am a dedicated soda drinker (Yep-regular soda pop!) And today is the first time in years I have not had one...so far today that is the worst part of eating healthier. I need to lose about 60 lbs and could really use all the support I can get.

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi Coco! I love pop, but thankfully I'm addicted to diet pop! I've become mildly obsessive about being on this site. It really helps to read what others are doing. Others have been very supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jennlee80
    jennlee80 Posts: 142
    Options
    Welcome! My name is Jenn and I am pretty new to this site too. Well I've been a member since August but not until recently have I continued to log on :) Day 1 is never easy!!! I personally am not much of a soda drinker-I was a diet soda drinker for a while. I have it on occasion now. SO are you stopping the soda-cold turkey? Or are you switching to Diet? Best luck to you on your Day 1!
  • ChantelleSlight
    Options
    Welcome to the site, I must say that I am quite addicted to this site and diet sodas as well. You will love the motivation and support that you get from here. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Kind Regards, Chantelle
  • cocopebbles
    Options
    Thanks for all the support i look forward to using this site, losing weight and making new friends! Yep- I am going cold-turkey on the soda so far so good!
  • bluebeta
    Options
    Keep up the good work! you can do it and remember that everyday. I used to drink 3-4 32 oz dp's everyday but i went cold turkey and haven't had one since dec 23. A:smile::smile: fter the first couple of days, I didn't really want one and if your watching calories just look at how many calories are in one and you won't want it after you've just burn off that amount during your daily exercise.
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love the username. You'll do great. I'm really new to the site, as well. I've been on since Oct or Nov, but recently (Monday) started doing it regularly....and am wondering why I stopped! Seriously, if you want to be accountable and realistic, this is the site for you.
    Lots of support and friends out here! Good Luck!