Any chance there is a "Margarita Diet" out there ?!?

Options
Been doing this for a few months then found this place..Progress is progress but its a long road so ya'll gonna have to put up with my sarcastic, "witty?" humour for awhile. Otherwise I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the successes and draw inspiration from them.

As for my personal success; I started this journey in March when my eleven year old daughter wanted me to ride a roller-coaster with her. I got on the ride and realized I couldn't fit because I was too fat. I was both ashamed and embarrassed. My daughter took it in stride, but I refused to take it lying down ( with a half gallon of rocky road) I made up my mind and began this journey. While Ive only lost about 50 pounds, Im proud to say I went back to the park and rode that roller-coaster with her. The smile on her face made every missing cheeseburger and large fry worth missing. It has also made me realize that I CAN do this, and am now on my way to my new goal to lose 70 more so that I am healthy when I turn 50. Now I just need to find a way to stick the occasional margarita into this diet thing. Then I may not get the other food, but I wont care as much.. (at least not on margarita night :drinker: )

Replies

• BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm happy for you!
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I dunno about margaritas but I'm been on the beer diet the past week. No weight loss yet but muscle weighs more than fat, right?
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    A skinny margarita isn't bad. Also, last week I had drinks out with a friend and I ordered vodka with diet tonic and put mio drops in it. It was really good. I overdid it and regretted it the next day, but the drinks were good in moderation. I just haven't had alcohol since I started eating less so I had no idea how much was too much before it was too late.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Been doing this for a few months then found this place..Progress is progress but its a long road so ya'll gonna have to put up with my sarcastic, "witty?" humour for awhile. Otherwise I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the successes and draw inspiration from them.

As for my personal success; I started this journey in March when my eleven year old daughter wanted me to ride a roller-coaster with her. I got on the ride and realized I couldn't fit because I was too fat. I was both ashamed and embarrassed. My daughter took it in stride, but I refused to take it lying down ( with a half gallon of rocky road) I made up my mind and began this journey. While Ive only lost about 50 pounds, Im proud to say I went back to the park and rode that roller-coaster with her. The smile on her face made every missing cheeseburger and large fry worth missing. It has also made me realize that I CAN do this, and am now on my way to my new goal to lose 70 more so that I am healthy when I turn 50. Now I just need to find a way to stick the occasional margarita into this diet thing. Then I may not get the other food, but I wont care as much.. (at least not on margarita night :drinker: )

There's always room for the occasional margarita. And ice cream...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    As long as you moderate your intake, yes you definitely can fit them in. Just don't drink too much or let the alcohol lessen your resolve and end up drinking and eating more than you planned. Great job thus far!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I started the vodka diet, and it's amazing! I've lost 3 days already!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No margarita diet, but there's IIFYM:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity

Congrats on your loss! 50 lbs is nothing to sneeze at.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a margarita / wine diet..... let me know when you find it!!:drinker:
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    it has lime juice, therefore I think it qualifies as juicing....so that makes it a diet, and a healthy one at that....you're welcome! Cheers :drinker:
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    While Ive only lost about 50 pounds, Im proud to say I went back to the park and rode that roller-coaster with her. The smile on her face made every missing cheeseburger and large fry worth missing.
    This is awesome! Good job, 50 pounds is a huge accomplishment.. :smile: Yep I would say you owe yourself some celebration margaritas.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You know what they say… tequila makes your clothes fall off = weight loss. YES! :drinker:
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Always make room for margaritas!! :-)
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing fantastic! I would say have your Margarita's...just add the calories in. You can still have good times while losing weight. Keep up the great work and welcome to MFP!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success thus far!

mmmmmmm margaritas...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!