Half The Person I Used To Be...

Options
64c74bc6-2b0a-4db6-966a-c888b7284f77.jpg

I have been overweight pretty much my entire life, and I was never one of those overweight girls that was okay with being over weight. At a doctors appointment that I had been avoiding for years, due to the fact I knew I was heavy, I just didn't care of know just how heavy I was. But I went anyways, I had blood drawn and was told to come back in a few weeks for the results.

At my first appointment I had not looked at the scale...this time I did...I was over 300lbs! Once in with the doctor she informed me that I was a pre-diabetic and that at my weight and with this health condition right around the corner that if something didn't change I would be in poor health and it would only get worse. I walked away just stunned at what I had let happen to myself. A diabetic? Really? I was too young to have such a serious health condition...but my doctor did say that it was reversible at this point, so long a I made some changes rather quickly.

I joined Weight Watchers for a few months, the accountability was great and what I needed but I wanted to know more about health and nutrition and being active. So, once I had lost a little weight with WW I joined my local Curves. It was the only place I knew I would be comfortable enough to workout regularly and it would give me the accountability that I was looking for.

So I started to workout regularly, three or four times a week and I made small changes to what I ate...to really eliminate the chance of becoming a diabetic I cut out all simple carbs and sugars, white bread, white rice, white potatoes...and also kicked six a day Coke Zero habit. My first year at Curves I lost almost 90lbs!

That first year was tough, but when I think back the only thing that I have done different to the

Replies

• taracangel
    taracangel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations!!! You look awesome!!!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Well done!
  • Mottaar
    Mottaar Posts: 1
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the hard work its paying off!
  • Becky_LaBelle
    Becky_LaBelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How were you able to lose the weight? What was your biggest challenge?
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    My goodness! You look terrific. Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
  • lorrennon
    lorrennon Posts: 43
    Options
    did ya save the other half as a twin??:laugh:

seriously.. CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS !!!!!

(sure am glad this isnt a mourning forum.. my last statement wouldve been kinda awkward :tongue: )
  • LifeJacketWaterJogger
    Options
    super great
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations to you!!!!
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Great job.
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Your story is really inspirational.
  • MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Think of all the health benefits you will enjoy for the rest of your life!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness personified!!! Well done.
  • DJLMB
    DJLMB Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You've done SO well! Congratulations, you look incredibly healthy!
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!! You look great and more importantly sound really heathy and happy! :)
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good work. You look fabulous and even better, are getting healthy. Pre-diabetes is what gave me the final kick in the butt to do something, too.
  • Amy101975
    Amy101975 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! A lot of work went into that healthy body of yours ... Be proud! Inspiring!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Congratulations.
  • EvaKr
    EvaKr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!! That is awesome! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!