Options
brodi3man
brodi3man Posts: 61 Member
How'd you all get back on?

Replies

• Kel1677
    Kel1677 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. Life happens !
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    always good to be reminded of why you're doing it! if you don't have a "why", find one! :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just make all of it a habit. Once it becomes second nature there is no Wagon to fall off of.
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    forgive yourself and move on -- back to the good habits
  • Bucklebeak
    Bucklebeak Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    for me it has always boiled down to 2 options. Get up, dust myself off and get back on the wagon OR stay there watching the wagon ride off into the sunset without me while I lie wounded in Sucksville hoping for someone to drive by in another wagon. (unlikely)

Life happens, good and bad. And trust me, there has been been some epically bad stuff but at the end of it, I refuse to let whatever it is be the thing that finally sinks my boat. I want to go out in a blaze of glory doing something I love and definitely NOT by being a hit and run victim of life's wagon.

When you have a bad day and it all gets too much, go and look in the mirror. That's when you will realize that your success rate for getting through bad patches so far is 100% cos you're still standing. And 100% success rate is pretty damn good by anyone's standards :-) Soldier on, one foot in front of the other. Sucksville isn't that big a place, you'll be outta there in no time
  • cindym29
    cindym29 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to have my boyfriend literally be at the gym with me for two weeks til I finally got back into the routine...then once it becomes a routine, it builds to be a habit. and once it's a habit, it transforms your body and you see results.

take one step: put your gym clothes on

that always always always gets me out the door and to the gym. Once I put my sneakers on, I go. it's like an automatic.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I decided I was sick of feeling a certain way and realized I was the only one who could change it.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
    -Wayne Dyer

There are no magic pills. Only hard work and dedication. It's about moderation not deprivation. There are no good/bad foods, only bad eating habits. Do or do not, there is no try. You have to want it, you have to work for it, you have to realize that only you can do it.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal
  • dollforlife
    dollforlife Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This just made my day!
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    for me it has always boiled down to 2 options. Get up, dust myself off and get back on the wagon OR stay there watching the wagon ride off into the sunset without me while I lie wounded in Sucksville hoping for someone to drive by in another wagon. (unlikely)

Life happens, good and bad. And trust me, there has been been some epically bad stuff but at the end of it, I refuse to let whatever it is be the thing that finally sinks my boat. I want to go out in a blaze of glory doing something I love and definitely NOT by being a hit and run victim of life's wagon.

When you have a bad day and it all gets too much, go and look in the mirror. That's when you will realize that your success rate for getting through bad patches so far is 100% cos you're still standing. And 100% success rate is pretty damn good by anyone's standards :-) Soldier on, one foot in front of the other. Sucksville isn't that big a place, you'll be outta there in no time

Thank you...I needed to hear this too. :)
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling. Still going though life events now but the challenge is to get it done inspite of. Things come and go, just have to keep on rolling. Dust yourself off and push on! We must be determined. This race is a marathon and not a sprint, the goal is to finish.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon. There is just one day, followed by another, followed by another.

Start every day fresh and do your best.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Good stuff
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For me, I had to have my boyfriend literally be at the gym with me for two weeks til I finally got back into the routine...then once it becomes a routine, it builds to be a habit. and once it's a habit, it transforms your body and you see results.

take one step: put your gym clothes on
    This. I am very very bad at sticking to a diet/fitness routine (and I've learned I do best with external motivations), and so I told my boyfriend I was going to do this. I would hate to look like I am not sticking to this again.

Also, I picked a gym that is close to my office, and I packed more than one set of tee shirts/shorts in the car: no more excuse not to go!:sad:
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    One step, one thing, one day at a time. You can do it! I started back just by logging everything. Then, one day I went for a run. Not wanting to lose THAT progress got me out the next day, and so on. You can do this! Do it for you :flowerforyou:
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    hey, i was wondering the same thing today! i just got back from a crazy trip and reeeeally fell off the wagon. i feel like crap - that's what is motivating me to get back on the wagon, as i was feeling pretty great until a week or so ago. i really prefer feeling pretty great to feeling like crap. good luck to you!
  • brodi3man
    brodi3man Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thx everyone! Needed those quick replies! I've been down this road before. I'll get back to it again.
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    There is no wagon. There is just one day, followed by another, followed by another.

Start every day fresh and do your best.

Love this
  • CallMePat
    CallMePat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends weddings is coming up. I don't want to look like crap in that album for the next 60 something years.
    Too bad it's in two weeks and I just got back started again.

Staying on is hard, I was jobless and dealing with some personal issues. It cost nearly a year of work, but regret is a useless state.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have been back on the wagon for 7 weeks so far. I got back on because I got really tired of seeing such a high number on the scale. I figured, if I hated it so much, why don't I do something about it? So I did.