How to overcome guilt? Is this normal?

Options
So I have been eating an extra 500 calories (1700 calories) and I just started. I feel so guilty after my last bite. I am trying to recover from Ed but i don't know how I can after feeling guilty all the time, will this feeling go away? I really don't want to become obese by overheating and forming that habit instead of under eating. Any advice please?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd go see a therapist if you have a history of ED.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Seeing a therapist is a great way to combat your eating disorder issues.

That being said, the way I view it is, whether I eat an extra 500 today or an extra 500 tomorrow, I'd have to do that 7 times before I'd gain an extra pound from the food that I've just put into my mouth.

I tend to become obsessed with my body image and there are days when I have to force myself to eat that chocolate bar or to not exercise because it's fine, I'm fine and I'm looking fantastic and not exercising for one day or treating myself to an awesome chocolate-y snack will not hurt me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh I can't believe I replied to you again... EVERYONE is telling you the same thing. Are you ever going to listen?
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I checked some of your other posts as well, and to be honest I would consider taking a break from MFP, calorie counting and dieting all together. Just try and live a normal life for a bit, get back to enjoying food. You won't become obese overnight, I promise.
  • whisperfitandhappy
    whisperfitandhappy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you but I cant because I am going through this too. I had to gain weight to be at a normal size again and now that I'm at my ideal weight I beat myself up every time I eat. Just like when my disorder was controlling my life before, it's already trying to control me again. It sucks.