hello

Options
Hi, I am Katia and i just started this. The third day i was doing so good, but then yesterday i had exceeded my calories. I was so hungry still and i ate a whole thing of nachos from taco bell, and a taco salad without the shell. I felt like i was starving, and that was like 8pm:smooched: ...now today i am doing better so far, but it is only 2.30 pm. That sucks. My calorie intake is supposed to be up to 1350 i probably went up to almost 2000. What do u do in situations like that?

Replies

• kym38
    kym38 Posts: 48
    Options
    I have found that I like Special K Protein Bars (peanut butter), I usually eat one about 2 hrs before I'm suppose to eat a meal and I find I don't eat as much. They are only 180 cal. It was hard right away to eat only so many calories. Try to find things you like that don't have any calories to them - pickles, carrots, etc.
  • shalbert
    Options
    I chew sugarless gum and drink lemon water. I know it doesn't sound great but it kinda takes my mind off things. I have been doing this for about 9 days and it does seem to get easier. I exceded my intake once but the next day I stayed a bit below and went to the gym, forced myself to go...
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    hi katia eat small meals, snack on apples, are you having fiber to hold you for awhile. Then again u might not be hungry, r u bored, occupy ur time and drink more water if necessary. good luck u can do this
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    any fruit or veggie helps, eat something smaller throughout the day and you can eat more times. what works for me is blow pops, first the sucker and then the gum helps, and then theres smoothies. just watch the juice and the sugar of the juice. i usually get some frozen pineapples and strawberries, much easier for me, or whatever fruit you want, throw in some juice, i usually do cranberr, grape, orange or apple juice, whatever you like, and its a low cal drink that fills me up right away. also you cant dirnk it too fast, you still get that ice cream headache if you do:laugh: or popcorn is good, not microwave, stove top. also if you want a little bit more taste, and not with the fat from the butter, what works for me is to use less popcorn and a bit more oil. has some extra taste too. that really fills me up. also water, usually if you are hungry you are mostly just dehydrated. a big glass of water definitely works for me too. if you need a friend im here and good luck to you.
  • Kfmartin68
    Options
    I do my best not to get discouraged by days like that. I have them too! I try to make sure I have snacks that are low cal but filling. Surprisingly, pork skins are low fat and low cal, if you like them; or I keep the 100 calorie snack packs in my bag when I feel like I'm starving. I pick the almonds, since they tend to have more in the pack and I don't feel like I'm getting cheated in a snack. Chew slow and give yourself time to realize that you are actually eating something that will fill you up for a little while. I have made the mistake of wolfing down my food because I was so hungry, only to feel miserable after eating, not to mention that I felt guilty for indulging.

Try not to focus on the daily caloric count during the first couple of weeks; focus more on the weekly count. If you plan on going out to eat on the weekend, try keeping your caloric count down earlier in the week so you can "splurge" a little during that time.

Good luck and hope this helps! :happy:
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    Protein seems to go the farthest when I crave.

Try Peanuts

Or if you are near a fridge...say at work all day..get some greek yogurt

I do agree fiber can help too
  • katiawhite
    katiawhite Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How much weight did you put to loose a week? I have my set up to 1 pound a week. as Im loosing i will increase it. I am not going to starve myself, also. what did you eat, that used up your calories so fast?lol