75 lb weight loss and still going!

Edit: Background info is more descriptive in my profile, I didn't want to just copy and paste though.

I was really into gaming during high school and after I graduated, I basically spent all hours of the day that I wasn't sleeping playing World of Warcraft. My weight didn't fluctuate a whole lot during high school, I weighed around 230 lbs. After graduation, between 2009-2011, I spiked up to 290 at my highest. In Feb 2012, I quit gaming and got a job as a cashier at Petco. I did not change my diet but going from being completely sedentary to being on my feet all day resulted in me losing 67 lbs through relatively no effort. Problem is, I didn't appreciate it. I was just living. I didn't even notice until I stepped on a scale for the first time in months. It's really easy to lose yourself when you're used to being consumed by a game, living your character.

Fast forward to earlier this year - because I didn't appreciate the loss, I did nothing to maintain it. I was content at 223 lbs. I slowly gained back between Nov 2013 and Feb 2014. I caught a glimpse of myself in my rear view mirror as I was about to pull out of a parking lot and didn't like who I saw. I stepped on the scale and saw myself at 253. That was the first time it really hit me. I couldn't get the thought that there are so many people who struggle to lose weight and that there I was, throwing the loss I didn't even earn in the trash, out of my head. I didn't download MFP right away and I lost 8 lbs in Feb. I downloaded MFP in March and have lost 31 lbs since. It's almost painful to look at my 2010 pictures vs today, but I can't wait to see myself when I reach my goal of about 170. I'm happier than I've ever been and I finally feel like I'm in control and know who I am.

290 lbs in 2010
2m4otia.jpg
314v22g.jpg

253 lbs in Feb
b7dm4o.jpg

215 lbs earlier this week
14y65n6.jpg
2dcbadv.jpg
259yk90.jpg

Face at 290 vs face at 215
fuul46.jpg
53mqhd.jpg

Replies

• caitology
    caitology Posts: 50
    Fixing the ones that ended up gigantic.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    You look so pretty and happy! :flowerforyou:

Congrats on all your hard work! I look forward to your next update at 170. :smile:
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    You look great - you are so cute! Keep up the good work! Congratulations on 75 lbs gone!!
  • Great Job. How did you post pictures to your blog?
  • caitology
    You have to put [ img ] URL [/ img ] once you upload the pictures. I just used tinypic.com.. and take out the spaces.
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    You look great!
  • mgnmsn1
    mgnmsn1 Posts: 12
    Stunning!
  • caitology
    My boyfriend lost a significant amount of weight too. I'm not going to post his body pictures, not sure if he would be ok with that. If I remember correctly, he started around 270 and is down to about 185.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    amazing job! you look so much happier! great job.
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    You look great, and have such a pretty smile...
    Congrats:smile:
  • harveyme80
    harveyme80 Posts: 6 Member
    Wow Amazing !!! You are such an inspiration !!! btw you are very pretty ; )
  • JSE150
    JSE150 Posts: 15 Member
    Keep up the great work!!! You are looking amazing!!
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Great job. Keep it up.
  • EvaKr
    EvaKr Posts: 79 Member
    You look great!
  • caitology
    I'm a little worried about loose skin on my stomach. Stretch marks are no biggie, I can't remember a time when I didn't have those. I'm hoping it's not too bad when I finally get into the upper 100's.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    amazing transformation!
  • MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Look at the change in your face! Physically, of course, but also how much happier you look! Keep going!
  • Pusarah
    Pusarah Posts: 124 Member
    You look so beautiful and happy! :) congrats and best of luck as you continue on. Games are so addicting, I used to play ffxi...hubby wants to get back into it but idk if I want to go back there..lol Great job!!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    So great!!! Look at that smile. You are a beautiful woman. Keep up the great work!
  • NMgirl2006
    NMgirl2006 Posts: 18 Member
    You look like a totally different person! That is amazing...Congrats on the weight loss :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!