Do you think I look ok at this weight or go a little more?

Options

Replies

• 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishments so far! Inspiring to see someone make a total transformation through healthy habits.

You look good in the photos - if I were in your shoes, I think health would be the #1 priority over looks/numbers. Has your doctor indicated how many medications are likely to be eliminated if you lose 5 more pounds? If your meds (at this point) are unrelated to weight, then maybe you should focus on quality of life & see what additional physical therapy might help to ease some of your pain?
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Great changes! Congrats! You look good the way you are. I say do what makes you happiest. I personally don't think you should lose more, but who am I to say?!?!?!
  • AmandaJade9
    AmandaJade9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My goodness what an amazing transformation you should be so incredibly proud of yourself.
    I think your current size looks good and don't think based on looks that you need to lose any more weight.
    Well done once again :)
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well as everyone has been saying i think you look great. Cant tell if your tummy is flat but i think that only matters to you so at the end of the day its about whether or not ur happy. My sister and are the same height with the same bmi and when she was going to the gym the trainers there told her a healthy bmi for her was unrealistic - that shed never get back down to 60kg. I dont know if they are the best to trust, but i think that is true for me. A healthy bmi for me is unrealistic, but a slim tonned and healthy me is not. And by the looks of things that wat u have. It seems like u have a new healthy u, a body everyone else thinks is great, all u need is to be happy with yourself. And if you are than fantastic! Thats all u need.
  • NadiaGH
    NadiaGH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! What a tremendous transformation - Congrats!
  • shrinkingmichelle
    shrinkingmichelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Marty, YOU DID IT!! You look great and healthy!:drinker:
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Oh my god dude. good work.
  • CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think you look great as is. You look trim and very healthy!
  • shelly24100
    shelly24100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! As for whether or not you *need* to lose more weight to look good, i personally don't think so. But it appears your doctor think you could safely lose a little more. We've all got our demons, I think...

The real test is how you feel...Do you feel good about yourself? Do you have more energy? Do you like the way you look?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think you could do the 5.5 more lbs to get how the Dr. and you discussed and agreed upon.

I even think those who say you look fine now, are correct and that furthermore... they won't even notice the next 5.5 lbs loss to get to the goal you and your Dr. decided would be ideal for your health.

Congratulations, you are a true success!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think you look great but do listen to your doctor. Congrats again!
  • rebalee8
    rebalee8 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My Dr was happy with 175, but it was my idea to go to 160, after seeing the BMI table. I see her every month and have been taken off a bunch of meds, but still on a bunch. My blood pressure is fine now, but still on some meds. chloesteral is fine, sugar is great. I have blood work done every month.
    oh well, that is my story... thanks for listening and feel free to contact me anytime... have a great night!!!

You look great, and clearly have improved your health and well-being immensely. What a great inspiration.

If your doctor is good with where your at (and it seems like she is) and you're feeling good, you should probably consider switching to maintenance. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the bmi number. You're right on the edge, and I think it's important to remember that the bmi scale was really designed for population analysis not individual. Additionally, there's been some recent studies that are showing that older adults actually have lower mortality risks with slightly higher BMIs (http://www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinology/GeneralEndocrinology/44843). Granted, you're not at the age of study participants yet, but it's something to think about.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your amazing success! WOW! What a difference a year makes. My opinion is that you look great!
  • igotthis1234
    Options
    You look totally awesome- with those running shoes on.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    You know, I have an uncle around your age who had some pretty crippling back pain and some nerve damage that caused a lot of discomfort. He started doing a yoga class a few times a week. His balance, strength, flexibility all improved, and the pain significantly diminished. If you can find a good class, something like yoga or tai chi could be a huge help for how you feel.
  • Debbiebert
    Debbiebert Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MARTY!!!!! WOW OHHHH WOW!!!!!! I HAD NO IDEA UNTIL NOW THAT YOU PUT UP PICS WOW OH WOW i CAN'T STOP SAYING WOW! YOU LOOK AMAZING (ok I will stop screaming now) You look like a totally different person!!!!! YOU worked sooo hard!!!!! if you are still questioning your weight I would take your dr. advice ... my honest opinion would be that your weight looks good... I would be more concerned with toning up your stomach and other muscles if needed, not loosing more weight... see what your dr. recommends .. and again oh wow really wow noooooooo REALLLYY!!!!!!!! WOOOOWWWW!!!!!!
  • sarahrosheen
    sarahrosheen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look great ! Maintain !
  • MDF247
    MDF247 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Your "before" picture looks very similar to my Dad. He was about the same height, build and age. Your transformation is astonishing.

I am SO happy for you that you did something about all that weight before it's too late. I really wish my dad would have.

You should do whatever you feel you need to in order to feel your best and maintain a healthy weight. Even if people around you think you look "too skinny", they will be happy to have you around for years to come.

My opinion as a random stranger, going just from the pictures I see, is that you would be fine at your current weight but that dropping a few more would only be better. Part of it may be your posture, but the buttons on your shirt would be happier if you did lose a few more around the middle. :)

Again... congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!