"10 say streak" but I'm not losing any weight - help?!

Options
I've been using MyFitnessPal for over ten days now, and I've been keeping to the goal of consuming only 1400 calories per day in order to lose 1lb per week, and feeling quite proud of myself. However, I'm not seeing it on the scales - i weighed around 60kg when I started, and I now weigh 60.2 !! I haven't been starving myself, so my metabolism can't be going into overdrive, and I physically feel slimmer on my body, but how do I actually lose weight?

I'm thinking possible reasons could be carb consumption, which are sometimes a little over every day or right on the target, or it could be that exercise has built up muscle making me weigh more?

Any tips or answers?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    10 whole days!? be patient! you didnt put the weight on in 10 days, you wont lose it in 10 days!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well with 7lbs in total 1lb a week is a bit agressive...

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

10 days isn't long enough to really tell...

Weight loss is not linear...a 0.2kg gain is probably water retention or a normal flucuation.

It's not about carb consumption either...

Exercise has not built muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus to do that and lifting heavy weights...

If the exercise is new you are probably retaining water which can last about 2-4 weeks

As well if you are not weighing your solids...you could be underestimating your intake...but I suspect it's water retention.

Just give it some time...be patient it will come.
  • jvnmobile
    jvnmobile Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you give the process more time. 10 days just is not enough. Maybe carry on for another 21 days before expecting to see results.

Weigh everything you eat and log absolutely everything that passes your lips. I was surprised at what I could eat during the day and then totally forget about it....I also was surprised at how badly we underestimate how much we eat. Err on the side of overestimation rather than under estimation if you cannot weigh or if you find different database items for the same thing with different calorific values.
  • Yeah I'm planning on losing 10lbs in around 12 weeks, so losing just over 1 lb a week was my goal.
    Thanks for the help!