Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 7

Options
Wow! Already a week into the new year! I have a feeling that we will be celebrating Valentine's Day here in the blink of an eye! Don't let it sneak up on you! Keep up the GREAT work with your exercise and you will have something really special to celebrate this year!

Yesterday I'd hoped to do my 36 minutes on the bike but I only got 12 minutes of vigorous riding in. My legs hurt so bad from the day before. I figure something is better than nothing, isn't it?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Wow! Already a week into the new year! I have a feeling that we will be celebrating Valentine's Day here in the blink of an eye! Don't let it sneak up on you! Keep up the GREAT work with your exercise and you will have something really special to celebrate this year!

Yesterday I'd hoped to do my 36 minutes on the bike but I only got 12 minutes of vigorous riding in. My legs hurt so bad from the day before. I figure something is better than nothing, isn't it?

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Something is always better than nothing! Some cake is better than no cake????

Yesterday was a family dinner (lunch). I had gone for a 30 minute bike ride with husband and a 20 minute uphill walk. I entered my calories after lunch, wow, I only had 73 calories left for supper. So I hopped on the elliptical at my parents house and did 20 minutes. Then my mom suggested a walk, so I got another 20 minutes in.

Sometimes everything works out.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Today I did the Hip Hop Abs Total Body Burn for 45 minutes & will be shoveling(yes-AGAIN!) as soon as my little one gets on the school bus.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Did 45+ trail run (death trot) with a mile cool-down walk. The lake is frozen, so it was beautiful!

I go to the Dr. in about an hour, so maybe I'll finally be able to beat this crud that I've been fighting since mid-december.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Still sick, but while on campus taking care of business today I walked for 40 minutes with my backpack strapped on. I weighed it and it's 17 pounds, so I'm counting that as my workout today.

I'm going to try to pick up my freeweights later while watching TV and at least do some arms. I'm still not passing my "sick only from the neck up" test for going to the gym. Man, do I miss spinning!

positivity, ladies:wink:

hey, p.s. I posted a "before" picture on my profile page. I'm going to take an "after" pretty soon, I'm waiting for a day that I feel particularly hot. (the before is about 50 pounds ago):flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    pps, the other one (black and white) is me at my heaviest. (82 lbs ago!)
  • mspiggie9
    Options
    I did 45 min. walking today. The machine said that I burned 284 cal. So, I was able to eat lunch at school today. Spaghetti! I hated school lunch when I was a student, but now that I am a school counselor, it actually isn't too bad. So, I am also down a total of 15 lbs...and the only thing that I am super happy about is the fact that during the holidays I gained not a single pound! I think I must have hit a plateau...I am not losing weight like I was...any ideas, suggestions? Last month, I lost 14 lbs. in 4 weeks and so far, I've only lost 1 lb this month. Kind of frustrating. But, I haven't given up. If anyone has any ideas on how to jump start my weight loss again, I'd love to hear about it!
    Thanks,
    Shelly
  • tcpaquin
    Options
    I am going to Curves tonight for a 30 min workout. I may try and go for a circuit and a half. We'll see... Still fighting a pretty bad sinus cold and Calgary's chinook is not helping! :frown:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hey Vivia that counts as hiking I think, good calorie burning. I spent 45 minutes today do yoga for the first time ever. It's much harder than it looks but I kinda liked it. I know my body loved the stretching part. But that is all for today.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in 45 minutes of walking and 30 minutes of Taebo. I also worked on my car. Does that count? :tongue:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Just finished my 45 minute walk and 200 crunches, I'm on my way!:smile:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I did 45 min. walking today. The machine said that I burned 284 cal. So, I was able to eat lunch at school today. Spaghetti! I hated school lunch when I was a student, but now that I am a school counselor, it actually isn't too bad. So, I am also down a total of 15 lbs...and the only thing that I am super happy about is the fact that during the holidays I gained not a single pound! I think I must have hit a plateau...I am not losing weight like I was...any ideas, suggestions? Last month, I lost 14 lbs. in 4 weeks and so far, I've only lost 1 lb this month. Kind of frustrating. But, I haven't given up. If anyone has any ideas on how to jump start my weight loss again, I'd love to hear about it!
    Thanks,
    Shelly

I lost over 15lbs from Oct-Nov but did the same plateau thing from about Thanksgiving until mid-december. I had basically doubled my exercise during that time too, but was still only consuming my 1200 +burned calories. That was too low for the intensity I was doing. I bumped up to about 1400 cal base + burned and started loosing again. I have also been sick since that same time, which verifies to me that I was putting myself at risk and couldn't fight back. Or if that scares you, change your workout drastically. If you always walk, do step aerobics or the now famous belly dancing on this site! You may have to confuse your metabolism to get it moving again. Be sure you are doing resistance work as well. Building muscle will improve your metabolism = weight loss!