what to do when weight loss slows down

Options
im down to about 2lb a week last weigh in - today. but im prepared for it t start slowing down now , what do you people do when this happens? just put up with it? up your work outs ? eat less? id like to know your opinions on this.

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I up my workouts intensity. And that solves the problem for me
  • kirstenflood
    kirstenflood Posts: 112 Member
    Options
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Depending on the situation I will add cardio or decrease calories. If my calories are low, I'll start implementing more refeeds.
  • Abi198111
    Abi198111 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Up the workouts and maybe try playing with your macros - up the protein and lower the carbs. This has worked for me recently.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think there's a point where it should slow down. As you get closer to goal, you shouldn't expect 2lbs per week. Less than that will still be progress.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My loses are slowing down as I expected and I'm not intending changing anything. I'm eating at around 200 cals below what my TDEE will be when I get to goal (assuming I keep a similar level of activity intensity which I plan to do). Currently that puts me around 8-900 cals a day below my current TDEE and am losing around 1.5lbs a week on average. This has slowed from 2lbs a week a few months ago. I am eating in a way that I am happy to eat for the forseable future and am exercising daily (some days twice a day when I do weights in a morning and have Running Club in an evening) with the odd cheat day/ rest day as required. So upping exercise would be tough and I enjoy my food too much to be significantly dropping cals :D
  • kirstenflood
    Options
    thanks all for your imput but youve all lost me on, refeeds , macros and tdee haha
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Take a break from dieting for one thing, you can't keep dieting your whole life like everything else your body will get use to it. Maybe try concentrating on upping the resistance training, worked for me after stalling for near 3 months with 2Kgs left to go. and the other thing is maybe you are at your bodies ideal weight (which is different from person to person) and it doesn't want to lose any further without losing muscle
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    thanks all for your imput but youve all lost me on, refeeds , macros and tdee haha
    Refeed - eating a day with more carbs than usual (while keeping the rest of your macros the same) to increase leptin output (get the fat burning engine going)
    Macros - Breakdown of food you eat, Protein, Carbohydrates, Fat and micros, sub-sets of those.
    TDEE - Total daily energy expenditure (output), calories you burn in an average day, eating under this by 10-20% works better for some people to lose weight.
  • kirstenflood
    Options
    thanks i appreciate all your replies
  • perseverance14
    Options
    Take a break from dieting for one thing, you can't keep dieting your whole life like everything else your body will get use to it. Maybe try concentrating on upping the resistance training, worked for me after stalling for near 3 months with 2Kgs left to go. and the other thing is maybe you are at your bodies ideal weight (which is different from person to person) and it doesn't want to lose any further without losing muscle
    That is interesting, but how can you tell if you are at your ideal weight? I know I still have fat to lose, but I am not sure where I want to stop.
  • perseverance14
    Options
    thanks i appreciate all your replies
    There are TDEE calculators online if you want to do yours, just Google it.
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Try changing your workouts. Are you doing the same exercises every day? If so, your body will get used to it and burn fewer calories. If you switch up your workouts you'll keep your muscles guessing and burn more calories.
  • kirstenflood
    Options
    yeh id like to know that too im just going off my bmi, and thanks ill look up TDEE calc
  • kirstenflood
    Options
    Try changing your workouts. Are you doing the same exercises every day? If so, your body will get used to it and burn fewer calories. If you switch up your workouts you'll keep your muscles guessing and burn more calories.

kinda but i do switch it up a bit
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    You only have 43 pounds left to lose according to your ticker. You should not be aiming for 2 pounds a week still.

You should be aiming for 1 pound a week.

Shouldn't sprint to the finish line when it comes to fat loss. It will be difficult for you to ease back into maintenance that way.
  • kirstenflood
    Options
    yeh i get what your saying
  • princessG12
    Options
    Hi there kristen, you should try this
    > http://bit.ly/1iVzT3a this is very effective and natural, and take note this is not another diet plans, supplements, pills and etc... if you have time watch the video (link) i give you, after you watch it you will absolutely be amazed. hope i give you an idea. good luck and have a nice day