Favorite Thing About being Healthier/Lighter?

Options
JeffInJax
JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
Hey everyone i was just curious what is everyones favorite thing about weighing less? I have two favorites, one is being able to do a much wider variety of things without feeling winded or talking myself out of it before i even try because im "Too fat". The second may seem silly but i like the fact that I can actually go on most amusement park rides compared to before where a lot of the safety harnesses wouldnt "click" into place so i had to get back off which was awkward to say the least.

Replies

• sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone i was just curious what is everyones favorite thing about weighing less? I have two favorites, one is being able to do a much wider variety of things without feeling winded or talking myself out of it before i even try because im "Too fat". The second may seem silly but i like the fact that I can actually go on most amusement park rides compared to before where a lot of the safety harnesses wouldnt "click" into place so i had to get back off which was awkward to say the least.
    What I love most is that I am not self-conscious anymore about what I look like. I do not have to think about whether or not my thighs look bigger when I sit, or suck my belly in when someone looks at me from the side. I hardly have to pull up my pants so the muffin top does not show that much etc. It makes me FREE not having to worry about my appearance all the time. That alone is just worth everything for me because it affected me all my waking hours.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What I love most is that I am not self-conscious anymore about what I look like. I do not have to think about whether or not my thighs look bigger when I sit, or suck my belly in when someone looks at me from the side. I hardly have to pull up my pants so the muffin top does not show that much etc. It makes me FREE not having to worry about my appearance all the time. That alone is just worth everything for me because it affected me all my waking hours.

I completely understand and can relate not being as self-conscious anymore. But in a weird way almost have to be thankful that you were because im sure it was one of the many motivations to get on this journey and stick with it =)
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Energy to do pretty much whatever you want. That and basically all clothes fit right.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Finally not hating my body. In fact, I almost love it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, plane seatbelts were very much on the snug side - not more than 2 or 3 inches to spare. Now there's a good foot or more to spare on them.

Strictly speaking I'm not any lighter than then, but my body has changed a lot, for the better.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Energy and confidence! As the weight dropped I just felt happier all around and it improved everything, not just my health but my outlook (perspective) on life! :-)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I do not have a muffin top. I am stonger than I was when I was younger.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Not to degrade the conversation but when I lost weight in my twenties I think my favorite thing was copious amounts of attention from the opposite sex.
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Feeling stronger and having more energy !
    Oh and the added bonus of fitting into much smaller clothes !
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I can dance again. I mean -really- dance. My knees don't hurt anymore, I don't get winded from 5 minutes of it and I just MOVE. Nothing makes me happier than dancing. It's my happy place.
  • MsLaToya30
    MsLaToya30 Posts: 29
    Options

I like being able to shop in any store that I want, feeling good about myself, and looking amazing naked! (yep I said naked):laugh:
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Dancing, yes for hours!!! Being able to run again! Fitting into size 6 jeans for the first time in 20 years! Wearing a bikini again! Keeping up with my 6 year old and being able to out run him! Wearing tiny undressed! Hearing people say "Wow, you look amazing!"! Sex! Having the energy to get it all done and still workout! Encouraging, supporting and motivating others to get fit and healthy! I could go on...:happy:
  • SlimTerri57
    SlimTerri57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The greatest motivation for me to get lighter was the pain in my joints. So, the favorite thing is being able to walk, sleep, climb stairs without dealing with the pain. I'd say my second favorite thing is being able to keep up with my Grandchildren. As I weigh less and less, fitting into my fun clothes will be a favorite, but I'm not there yet...
  • annie61702
    annie61702 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Shopping! It's so much fun to be able to buy fun, cute clothes! Also, being in better shape than many people younger than me. I love being fit!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing about being healthier and lighter is not having to worry about getting healthier or lighter.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

^ pretty much this. I feel like I fit into the world better, everywhere I go, and I am no longer fidgeting constantly with my clothing or trying to sit in a way that minimizes the appearance of fat rolls and so on.

Also, I feel normal/average for the first time since I was probably in preK (30+ years ago). I was always a very big, tall kid, and then one of the heaviest teens in my school. I got used to being the heaviest employee at most of my jobs (or close to it). The biggest woman in any given situation. One of the fattest people in any group setting or party. That felt very unremarkable to me because I had experienced it for so long.

Now, being 5'8" and 184 lb at age 37 I am still on the tall side and definitely overweight...but for my age and the area I live in, I am DEFINITELY average and/or normal. That is a very weird yet cool feeling!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love that there are so many things that I was unable to do that I can now! Aside from not needing a seatbelt extension when flying (yay!), I'm not too fat for amusement park rides anymore. I wasn't too heavy to rappel, and I wasn't too heavy to skydive. I hurt a lot less in general, too.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    ENERGY!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!