Accountability Buddies Wanted

Options
I'm looking for people who hopefully are in the seattle area and wouldn't mind being my accountability buddy. And I tell you I'm not an easy person sometimes when I think I'm right but I really need someone to hold me to account. Not to hold my hand but to help call me out when I'm acting silly or indulging to much.

This post pretty much explains it all:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SelenityJ/view/i-sabatoged-myself-663559

I fell off the wagon... no i faceplanted off of it. I'm ready to get back on it and i'm not going to stray off the path this time.

Replies

• em902008
    em902008 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Would love to help you out. If I can't get out of this funk I'll be needing it too. Looking for actual support and all that on here. Not just another number on a friend list. I'm already ready to delete people after a week haha.
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to support you to! I was doing great, was over 100lbs down and now I've gained alot back thinking I was doing great and could afford eating things that i knew weren't going to help. I used past victories of maintaining my weight as excuses as to why i could indulge.... well now i've spent months indulging and well... i've indulged longer than i thought looking back.
  • dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    I am not in the seattle area - Winnipeg Canada actually - but can support you. I had lost 95 lbs now gained back 60 - depression being a big part of it. Eat to feel better. But I have turned a corner and am focusing on the little changes and challenges each day and working towards winning more of each.
  • believe247a
    believe247a Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was Just going to make the same post. This is my third try with mfp but I don't have anyone to be accountable to and I desperately need that! Texts, emails whatever. Not just once a week and someone to encourage and support too. I know I can do this but we all know the struggles of life can make it so difficult. Please message me! I'd love to have someone to speak with everyday so we can keep each other in check. I'd actually like a few people!! Ty
  • lyisrael
    lyisrael Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Looking for an accountability/work-out buddy here in Chicago. I have been off and on this weight-loss thing and now I am ready to change my lifestyle for good. Starting today. Feel free to reply to this post and let me know how I can get in contact.
  • believe247a
    believe247a Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in Indiana but am willing to exchange emails and # so I can support and be supported.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm on the east coast but would be happy to have someone to yell at me if I don't go to the gym for a couple of days or skip dinner so that I have the calories to drink a bottle of wine. (I did that last week). Just send me a friend request.
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    All of you, feel free to add me. Please have a shared diary and eat at least 1200 calories a day, though. I am an excellent support system... and, I have the most amazing friends on here! You are all amazing for trying. For being here. For taking this process day-by-day, making better choices each day, and fighting all the things that try to sabotage us. We can do this! YOU can do this! And, I'll be right there... cheering you on!

:smile:

- Don