Metabolism damageweight loss to calorie defecit correct

Options
Hi, I was thinking I need to slow down what im doing. If I up my calorie intake will I put on weight? As my calorie defecit matches roughly what I should lose in lbs, would this suggest my metabolism is not damaged ?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    how many cals/day have you been averaging?
    you need to have a pretty large deficit for a long time to do any significant metabolic damage

if you up your cals you'll probably see some water weight gain but if you are still in a deficit then you wont gain fat
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Probably not and nothing wrong with taking a break every once in a while.

Just eat at your TDEE (maintenance) for a few weeks and drop back down to your current calorie level when you want to.
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    you need to have a pretty large deficit for a long time to do any significant metabolic damage

if you up your cals you'll probably see some water weight gain but if you are still in a deficit then you wont gain fat
    700-1200. However the defecit matches the loss
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options

then i wouldnt worry about metabolic damage. up those cals for sure though
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

You are a 20 year old male averaging 700-1200 cals a day or a deficit of 700-1200 cals?
  • jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

cals a day. I said I wanted 5 stone by the world cup (June 12th) . I want to up to 1200 per day as to not shock my body so much
    You are a 20 year old male averaging 700-1200 cals a day or a deficit of 700-1200 cals?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

cals a day. I said I wanted 5 stone by the world cup (June 12th) . I want to up to 1200 per day as to not shock my body so much
    THen it's likely that part of your weight loss is muscle - you should increase your cals to something more reasonable.