What's healthier?

Options
2»

Replies

• MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Both are evil. Packed with calories and little pay off (in my opinion). I had more success by eating more meat and green veggies and skipping the starches (as much as it pained me since I love them). If you forced me to choose, I'd go with rice.

Agree.
  • b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm putting in a word for the good old potato - definitely my carb element of choice :) I generally stick with a whole pile of vegs with my meals in the week and add the potatoes etc at the weekend when I allow more calories on my tracker

To OP, you are doing really well with your losses so whatever you are choosing is working for you !!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not about what's better and what is not, it's about eating what you want in moderation while staying in a calorie deficit.. Choose one or both and enjoy!

No, weight loss is about caloire deficit. Period.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking - are you choosing what to have for dinner, or settling an argument with someone?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Both are evil. Packed with calories and little pay off (in my opinion). I had more success by eating more meat and green veggies and skipping the starches (as much as it pained me since I love them). If you forced me to choose, I'd go with rice.

I guess it comes down to eating habit. In my culture, people have been eating rice for many centuries and till today many of us still won't feel full without a bowl of rice in every meal. For these people, the payoff is huge since they are full and feel no need to snack all day long.
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not about what's better and what is not, it's about eating what you want in moderation while staying in a calorie deficit.. Choose one or both and enjoy!

No, weight loss is about caloire deficit. Period.
    Edit. Nevermind, read it wrong. Carry on.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking - are you choosing what to have for dinner, or settling an argument with someone?

LOL this made me think- yeah, because if it isn't an argument, we don;t have time for this!

hahaha
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    What's better for you White rice or regular pasta?

I try to refrain from labeling foods as good or bad, healthy or not healthy. Too many labels and restrictions and this becomes a 'diet' not a lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with rice or pasta when consumed in moderation. Watch your portions, log everything and ENJOY!
  • Schipperkes4611
    Options
    Especially if you are concerned about being pre-diabetic, you should opt for brown rice or whole grain pasta whenever possible. While processed rice and wheat flours have practically the same calories counts as their less processed forms, brown rice and whole grain pastas have far better nutritional profiles than white rice and regular (non-whole grain) pastas. They also are digested a bit more slowly than the simple, processed starches, so they'll leave you feeling fuller, and satisfied with what you eat, longer.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options

Edit: As for what's healthier, that would be White rice since it has 1/3 the calories and 1/2 the carbs of the average pasta (assuming same weight of course).

if thats true then i change my answer lol
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options

+1
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Whichever one you like better.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    LOLing at the people who actually think rice and/or pasta is inherently evil...derpittyy doo dah derpitty day...derp, derp, derp....