Tracking Chinese food?

Options
pkteen
pkteen Posts: 121 Member
I have a question. While I'm at home, I weigh everything and my tracking is very accurate like that. Here's the issue. I'm going out to eat Chinese food tomorrow. How do I track that and in general, how do you guys track restaurant food?

Replies

• tmdpotts
    tmdpotts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    there is no real way to do it, also your are going to be over your daily limit after a plate of food. so you have two options, est just steamed veg and white rice or have what you want and deal with the grease.
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    While it is not accurate much, but I always use this site as a guideline when it comes to chinese food:

http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/nutrient/search1.php
  • pkteen
    pkteen Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just going to hold back at lunchtime and try to do as much cardio as I can :D hold back at the restaurant, hell no! :D
  • jkandell
    jkandell Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for that site!
  • MomforNoah
    MomforNoah Posts: 76
    Options
    I just order mine steamed with sauce on the side that I rarely eat. I've found it on MFP as steamed.
  • krebsi
    krebsi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    oh dear... dont do it!!! only joking.. :o)

as they like to say "one bad day doesnt make you fat and one good day doesnt make you slim"

just enjoy it! ! !
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I have chinese food a few times a month from a local mom and pop place. I will usually select the related entries from Panda Express to track and log it, since those come from a company that actually calculated the nutrition content.

re: fitting it in, I don't go all out every time I go, but rather pick one thing that is calorie dense (like sesame chicken, which is fried or cream cheese wontons) and then one thing that is full of veggies like a stir fry or beef and broccoli. I will also only eat half of what they give me, and save the rest for a meal the next day. In fact, I just had the left overs of my orange chicken and beef and broccoli from yesterday for breakfast today :D