Help asap

Options
My hubs is making homemade veggie soup with ground beef how would I know how many calories are in it?

Replies

• mayana2002
    Options
    Click in FOOD then RECIPES and input all the ingrediets he is using! Then you will see how many callories will have the soup and devide it for the quantity you will consume tonight.
    Hope it helps
  • momoftwo24333
    Options
    Click in FOOD then RECIPES and input all the ingrediets he is using! Then you will see how many callories will have the soup and devide it for the quantity you will consume tonight.
    Hope it helps

Thank you
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Enter it as a recipe under the food tab, how much did the package of ground beef weight if it was the whole thing? The recipe section is awesome like that. I enter various recipes that I use, state how many it serves and get it portioned properly in my food diary for calories, something like soup is going to be an estimation because one person may not get as much ground beef but you know at least what went in the pot / crockpot . dutch oven..whatever you're using.
  • dlrcpa
    dlrcpa Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You can enter the entire recipe in the recipes tab. You'll have to decide how many servings are in the whole pot. When I am cooking from scratch I try to guesstimate the number of servings and then go back and change my portions amount if I guessed wrong. If I entered the recipe as 8 servings and I actually ate 1/4 of the entire thing, then it's 2 servings of my "recipe". I have only done this for things I make on a regular basis. Otherwise I will use someone else's estimate from the database for a similar item if it's something I'm only eating once in a while.
  • BringOn2011
    Options
    Thank you!!
    Hope it helps