Starting AGAIN!!!!!

Options
Hi,

I joined quite a while ago, but wasn't very successful on my own and after a long break, I am now back hoping to be more successful this time. I find it hard to keep motivated so am looking for some help. I don't have a lot of time to go online, but would love to share a thumbs up or a smiley now and again, or even some weight loss tips!

Many thanks :smile:

Replies

• oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    welcome back!!! the first step is that you're here, so you're heading in the right direction!!! i'm a roller coaster myself, so i'm always willing to be supportive!
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm here to start again too! Ready to STOP the roller coaster of weight gain/loss!
  • 9Chelle28
    9Chelle28 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in the same boat as you and started using the site again just a few days ago. I found the support and encouragement I got from MFP friends helped a lot last time. I'm willing to swap encouragement and will send you a friend request. I would appreciate requests from anyone else who is looking for encouragement and willing to give some back as well. Good luck on your journey!
  • carriehopp
    carriehopp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting back up again too... been going up and down and really ready to focus and stick with it. We all need the extra motivation!
  • maintainit21
    Options
    I'm also just starting AGAIN! I've lost the same 25# over and over, always for some special event, but this time, I can't seem to make any progress. I know I need to change my lifestyle, and I hope quick bytes of online support will help. I really like the idea of a quick smiley face or comment.
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome back feel free to add me im on every day and am pretty good about motivating.. Have a great Friday:smile:
  • paulagershoony
    Options
    I am too starting again. Just had a hysterectomy 7 days ago and need to shed 20 lbs. Need cheerleaders and want to bet in shape. Please encourage me.
  • keepsmilin37
    keepsmilin37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A big thanks to every one, small steps lead to big changes :-)
  • Beautys1Tragedy
    Beautys1Tragedy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    I'm starting again too. I lost about 15lbs my first time around using MFP. Then, life happened, I quit smoking, and I GAINED it all back plus 25lbs!!! :'""""( This has resulted in my being at my heaviest.

I'm definitely needing some extra support this time around because well, it's certainly affected every aspect of my life in a negative way (obviously). Like everyone here, I need the extra support and motivation.

<3 Add me!
    Best of luck to everyone!!
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    I find that tracking my food everyday and reading the report really helps....if I miss a day I go back to that day and log in what I can best remember. The report immediately tells me if I am out of balance in relation to carbs, fats, proteins, and sugars. This time around I have discovered protein shakes and that really helps me find a low calorie eating choice that I find quite satisfying. Good luck and enjoy your journey!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    welcome back
  • karinamty
    karinamty Posts: 2
    Options
    I am starting again,:explode: I am ready to make the change, knowing that weekends are my weakness.
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    Starting again is wonderful. It means you have been thinking about what you did wrong and what you are doing right to lose the weight and keep up the exercise. I read the other day in a magazine where women were dieting and getting back into their wedding gowns, and were all working out and dieting to do it, that exercise is 30% of getting to where you want to be and nutrition is 70% of what you are trying to achieve, so that tells me that I really have to thump down hard on following the food plan and enjoy exercise a bit more but not be insane about it. Day by day all the way. My goal is 20 lbs thinner by my 65th birthday on September 18 2014. An achievable goal but I want to do it gradually not be a put it off nervous wreck.
  • lollycaramello
    Options
    Hi, yes, I am trying to lose weight AGAIN too. Seems like a never ending battle but I am going to start again, this time stick with exercise every day. Not look at it as a chore but something good I am doing for myself.
    I've decided to go on the treadmill for one hour everyday, rain, hail or shine, lol( considering treadmill is obviously indoors).
    I'm like you, I need motivation, family are great but I need outside help I think. I hope I can encourage you and anyone else with thoughts, hints & tips. It sounds most of you guys are in the U S of A. I live in Australia, it is winter here. Hope I can help anyone out there.
    ????
  • ValentineMomma
    ValentineMomma Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Same here. If there's anyone willing to be a friend on mfp, with positivity, add me as a friend. You support me and I'll support you. :)
  • likli71
    likli71 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am back at it too. Just got my fit bit today. Excited to use it with this site. Need a lot of support as I can always find an excuse to eat poorly and abandon my goal. Good luck everyone!
  • SLeeThatsMe2
    SLeeThatsMe2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of folks starting over. I finally realized I was trying to fit myself into someone else's program, instead of creating a weight loss program that works with my schedule and my situation.

Good luck to all of you!