People with the Polar FT7

Options
I just got mine today...I got electrode cream b/c a lot of you seem to use it, put Polar says to wet the strap before you use it...so which do I do..or both? Did I understand correctly that this thing can be used swimming in the pool???? Not sure I'm brave enough for that.

Can't wait to try it tonight!

Replies

• ZacFields
    ZacFields Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just run it under water... I don't really know what the advantage is of the cream.

I guess if you have the cream, use that. The purpose for wetting it is to make sure the entire electrode is in contact with your skin.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I run mine under water, but I've been known to spit/lick it when in a hurry.
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT1. It says to wet the strap ends. I usually don't wet them because after I walk the treadmill for about 10 minutes I have perspired enough so that it begins to read my heart rate. My friend has the monitor that you have and she does wet hers.
  • tjcnc
    tjcnc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    using water is fine the cream is to make sure contact it needs moist skin. I some times just lick the electrodoes. Important to dry it after work out as well
  • bsshaw1
    bsshaw1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT7 and I just wet it as per the directions.

I saw a review recently where the reviewer used the FT7 while swimming laps and she said it seemed to work fine.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just used it with the water. I think it's going to take some getting used to. I felt like my breathing was constricted, although I didn't have it that tight. It did say I burn a lot more calories than I've been giving myself credit for.