Chocolate cravings

Options
Any ideas to satisfy my chocolate cravings without using too many calories or fat? (And I'm not talking about gross chocolate-flavored things, but stuff that actually tastes good!)

Replies

• Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hot chocolates usually does it for me. Cadburys highlights for example - 40 calories a cup.
    Or eating super duper dark chocolate - like 85% Satisfies the craving without you wanting too much of it.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I keep some Hershey's Dark Chocolate kisses on hand for that. They have less sugar.
  • Larry7995
    Options
    granola bar oats n dark chocolate and a glass of milk :)
    that is what I use for my chocolate substitute
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    try eating just a couple of chocolate chips. Or, one of those sugar-free jell-o pudding cups are only 60 cals and pretty tasty!
  • disneymom94
    disneymom94 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have found the Jello Mousse Temptations in dark chocolate to be yummy. Only 60 calories, sugar free too.
  • lafournier2
    lafournier2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    cliff bar chocolate brownie flavor is really chocolatey and rich, only 240 cals, and has a bunch of prots and fiber in it. could use it as part of a meal or a mid-day snack to keep you going :)
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I make my own special hot chocolate, which is low in sugar and calories, but very chocolate rich.

One tablespoon of Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder (the kind you get in the cooking section without sugar) = 10 calories
    One tablespoon of nonfat dry milk = 15 calories
    One packet of non-calorie sweetener = 0 calories
    One cup of hot water = 0 calories

You can double the amount of cocoa and dry milk if you wish, for a thicker hot chocolate, which would make it 50 calories total.

I usually add light whip cream, about 40 calories worth, if I want to indulge.

It takes care of my chocolate cravings. It is also very close to pure chocolate, so it can be somewhat strong. But I think it's delicious! And the ingredients are cheap as well.
  • SweetOrganics
    SweetOrganics Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I balance my carbs & protein just right at each meal, they just go away after 3-4 days & stay away. I can always tell if I've had too many carbs to my protein ratio because I'll crave sugar. 30% protein to 40% carbs works really well, I just went in & did custom goals to reflect that so I don't have to think about it all the time.
  • KimBledsoe
    Options
    Hershey's makes a really, really good sugar-free mini-candybar with caramel in it. It's just the right amount of chocolate for the tast buds. I'm not sure how many calories, but I'm it's so tiny that it can't be many.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    One of the things I go to all of the time when I am having chocolate cravings is something called Litehouse chocolate yogurt fruit dip found in the fruit section. I have it with bananas, strawberries, and any fruit that goes good with chocolate. I think it's like 120 calories for 2 tablespoons and then when you have it with fruit that doesn't add a ton of calories. Plus the two tablespoons is plenty for about 8 strawberries and I found I only need 1 tablespoon for one banana. Fixes my chocolate cravings every time.. Otherwise some dark chocolate dove singles. 2-3 are not a lot of calories and usually fix me!
  • ina1975
    ina1975 Posts: 20
    Options
    the jello pudding cups are good, but what makes it for me is a tbs of fat free cool whip on top
  • cjengel
    cjengel Posts: 21
    Options
    Actually, health experts recommend that you eat 1 small square of dark chocolate day. It lowers your blood pressure and it's chock-FULL of antioxidants. YAY! However, milk chocolate remains sugary crap :tongue: only dark chocolate has such benefits. just 1 square a day! no more, no less. :smile:
  • marniehodges
    Options
    Kelloggs Fiber Plus Antioxidant bars, dark chocolate almond and chocolate peanut butter. Awesome! And only 130 cals, low sodium and low sugar. Plus lots of fiber to make you feel full longer.
  • Lewzy
    Lewzy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Double Chocolate Brownie lollies! They are amazing and only have 93 calories in them! They also do "skinny dippers" which are also lollies, chocolate coated caramel which are only 62 calories. They've really helped me when I've been craving chocolate or something sweet :)
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Cadburys do a brunch bar which is totally delicious but is 150 calories. I loved them even before i decided to lose weight.

Carob is a good alternative. It's got a similar taste to dark chocolate. Low in fat and calories. You can get it in powder and in drops, like chocolate drops. The texture of the drops is different to chocolate thougha little more crumbly but not a horrible texture. IT's availiable in health food shops.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    slimfast snack bars are great....the chocolate peanut nougat....and then there is one that tastes like a butterfinger bar....also just a piece of a dark chocolate bar works too.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Snackwell's devil's food cookie-cakes do it for me. 50 cals per cookie. I like to have one in the evening occasionally as a reward for having calories to spare
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    i eat thinsations everything!! 100 calorie packs of chocolate pretzels, chocolate dipped granola bars, oreo cakesters, aero bars, kit kat bars. All these things are portioned into 100 calorie packs for you & as long as you stop at 1, you're golden. I also eat breyers 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches. All VERY good. Helps with my chocolate cravings & tastes good too.
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    I will happily sign up to eat dark chocolate once a day...
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I love my skinny cow chocolate truffle icecream bar. It really satisfys my chocolate craving, is yummy and only 100 calories per bar :)