Help previous and current shredders

Options
Ok so I'm on day 7 of the shred and I can already tell a difference in my jeans, but I have a couple of questions. I am not sure if I am supposed to move on to level 2 if #1 I can only do the easy push ups on my knees #2 I about die with those side lunges (not my legs but my arms and I'm only using 2 lb weights # 3 The cardio still is hard for me (I can tell a big difference from the 1st day but still the jump rope about kills me I'm ok with everything else). Do I move up to level 2 after day 10 or because of these or do I continue to do level 1 till i've mastered it. thanks in advance.

Replies

• alyssa83202
    Options
    I feel the same way you do! I'm on day 6 so hopefully by the time I'm on day 10 I'll be ready for level 2!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was the exact same as you, but moved on to level 2 on Day 11. Try it, and if it's too hard, go back to level 1 for a few days. I personally didnt think level 2 was that much harder than 1. I watched it the night before I started and thought there was no way I could do it, but I suprised myself. (And you're talking to the most unfit, unathletic person on the planet. lol)
  • bluebeta
    Options
    thank you guys for your input, i think i'll try to move up and see
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Try to move up to level 2 and do the easier version. After doing it so many times your muscles will get use to the same stuff. They need to be challenged with new. I've been using Shred for a year now and still love it. For some reason I find Level 2 to be the most difficult but I'm using 8lb weights.
  • bluebeta
    Options
    my arms feel like jelly with 2 lb weights not sure if I'll ever get to 8 lb weights.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start Level 2 on Tuesday, after 2 more days of Level 1. I agree with the suggestion that you try out Level 2 on Day 11, but if it proves too tough, then back off to Level 1 for a few more days. Best wishes to you!!

I have a thread going for those of us currently working out to the Shred. Feel free to join the discussion if you'd like! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/149134-shreddin-eleven-week-two
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this question because I have the same concern! I don't have problems with anything but the jumping jacks and rope jump (back and knee issues). I was able to find 4 lb. hand weights, so I moved up from 2 lbs. and that seems to be a good change.

I'm going to move on to level 2 after my birthday (Tuesday) and see how it goes. Good luck to you!
  • missiklee
    missiklee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Take 10 days on each level and then start with level one again using lightly higher weights and trying some regular pushups in there. Keep your body guessing and it will respond better!