homemade treats!

Options
hellllllen
hellllllen Posts: 8 Member
I've recently discovered freezing a banana, blitzing it in the food processor and sprinkling berries or syrup on top makes an AMAZING sweet-tooth-satisfier for only 130 calories!
Would love to know some treats you guys have discovered that satisfy cravings?

Replies

• Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries - just melt 2 Tbsp of choc chips in the microwave, dip the strawberries, put in the fridge for 5 mins to harden - 160 calories
  • akelz00
    akelz00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Half cup of Trader Joe's fat free frozen greek yogurt in a sugar cone is 150 calories. Not bad. Without the cone only 100.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered strawberries - just melt 2 Tbsp of choc chips in the microwave, dip the strawberries, put in the fridge for 5 mins to harden - 160 calories

I have strawberries and chocolate chips right now. Me thinks I need to try this tonight
  • hellllllen
    hellllllen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    that sounds yummy but sadly i'm from England so we don't have those products :(
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat regular ice cream most flavors are 160 calories for half a cup and thats enough to satisfy me.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit has definitely been a big one for me too. Banana with cocoa powder is awesome and so is mango, papaya and/or pineapple. I sometimes add a little almond or coconut milk depending on the desired consistency. Since I've incorporated more fruit into my diet, I've found my sweet tooth to have calmed down a bit. I've been experimenting with baked goods using less sugar and things like unsweetened dried fruits and unsweetened carob chips. There will never be a substitute for the occasional good dark chocolate though.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana and frozen peach make for a yummy "sorbet."
    Frozen banana with PB2 is pretty awesome.

My favorite PWO smoothie is frozen mango, strawberry, vanilla whey, and almond milk. I make it thick enough to eat with a spoon.

Those have been my go-tos lately.
  • maripaulx
    maripaulx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make muffins with unsweetened cocoa, banana and apple sauce without using any butter or oil, they are good enough and only 100ish calories.