Nike + vs treadmill

Options
Hey everyone

I got a Nike + pedometer thing for Christmas and love it!! I have been using it on the treadmill at the gym and have a question about the distances that it gives me. I have calibrated it to the way that I jog, however I jog in intervals so that could impact it. The treadmills keep giving me significantly different distances than the Nike + does. Today the treadmill said I ran 5 Km and the Nike said I ran 5.44 Km, so it is a huge difference. Does anyone know if treadmills are always accurate on the distances? Which should I believe?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    .44 k is not a huge difference. 5K = 3.12 miles
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi! You're meant to calibrate it when you get it at a proper track (Nike recommended as our running/walking gait is different outdoors as opposed to a treadmill). Then once you've done that, then I'd go with what your Nike tells you. Out of curiosity, is it a sportband? I got one too for Xmas :)
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Is it your tread mill or at a gym gym treadmills are set for a male at 155 pds You may need to set the treadmill for your body weight
  • Persikka
    Persikka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    .44km is about 1/4 of a mile, so that is a rather significant difference.
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I will try to calibrate it on a track! Now it is just a matter of finding an indoor track around here!