Smaller shoe size?

Options
I had heard that after losing some weight you can also go down a shoe size or so, depending on how much you have lost. Has anyone experienced this?

I used to wear a women's 11 at my highest weight, but now I feel a 10 is more comfortable.

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    my length is still the same but lost some in the width no doubt.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I figured that might be the case. :) It's interesting how weight is distributed through the body and how it decides to get thinner.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I have. I've gone down 1/2 shoe size. I didn't expect it.
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    I have. I've gone down 1/2 shoe size. I didn't expect it.

It's so crazy! How much weight (or % body fat) did you lose for that to happen?
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I went from a 9 to 8.5. Who knew I had so much fat on my feet. I just dropped off a huge bag of shoes at Goodwill as well as many of my "fat" clothes, because I NEVER...NEVER want to be that big again.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 195 to 129 pounds, and the last time I went shoe shopping, all the shoes that fit me were a half size smaller. I went from a 7 to a 6.5. Plus, I'm wearing a pair of sevens today and they feel pretty loose. So it does happen to some people!
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I went from a 7.5 - 8 to a 6, to my surprise.
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    Wow guys! Nice to see I'm not the only one. Maybe there's hope for my big feet yet. Haha!
  • Sherbear1109
    Sherbear1109 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. My feet grew & stayed bigger after my last pregnancy. You just gave me hope that I may get back into my boots one day. Crossing my fingers.
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    You're welcome! There is always hope. :) Don't get rid of your old shoes just yet!
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've gone from a size 10 to a 9. It makes me a little sad with all of the shoes I can no longer wear. Now I have to rebuild my collection.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Depending on the shoe, I went down about two sizes.
  • sugarlemonpie
    Options
    Nice to know! A couple of new shoes I got feel a bit snug, but I think once I continue to be healthier and lose weight they'll be more comfy. :) Ultimately, I have about 30 more pounds to lose, 15 after this current goal, so we shall see.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    When I was at my lowest weight I had gone down 1.5 sizes and had to replace all my shoes. Right now my current shoes are tight as I have gained back about 1/2 my weight. It can effect shoe size.
  • DriRose
    DriRose Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I was 160lbs I wore size 9, now at 130 I wear an 8! :O
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I dropped a half a size right around the 30lb mark.. Figures that my weight loss would come from my toes lol
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Now that winters over and I've taken out my cute shoes I discovered I'm down from an 8, to a 7.5.
    Thankfully all my Iron Fist still fit, or I'd be in a corner hugging them and sobbing uncontrollably.

I didn't realize you could lose in shoe size either, I have over 55 pairs of shoes and was always comforted thinking that at least shoe size doesn't change. =_ = I'm terrified to actually go through and try them all on now.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    What?! I did not know them. I have tiny feet. 2.5 kids. Lol would be very unfortunate to go down a size as I have so many shoes. :(
  • twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Mine have gone down about half a size. The ones I tried to wear today kept flopping around on my feet lol