That time of the month ?

Options
Ok, it's that time of the month and I'm 25 days into my journey. Tomarrows my weigh-in day. Should I expect a weight gain or to maintain the same ? What did y'all experence. I don't want to be upset !

Replies

• wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I always, always gain on my TOM, even if I somehow manage to keep my eating the same (or workout to compensate). It's the bloat!
  • wiggleroom
    wiggleroom Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ... but I should add that I typically have a boost in weight loss in the days immediately afterward. So it is totally temporary, if you do gain a little. Don't stress!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Yup I weigh a little more not much maybe a pound due to water retention and bloating.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    its all mostly water weight, but I usually gain 2 pounds but the next day i lose it, i would just wait until its done, but if you must know, then go ahead and weigh, a good thing about it will be when you weigh next itll be a lot more weight lost haha.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    You could be retaining water and so your weight might go up a bit because of that. My weight is higher than I expected today (not official weigh-in day but I like to check sometimes) because it's my time of the month too. :ohwell:
  • traceysturn
    Options
    I dont even bother jumpin on the wk of TOM - always a gain & its discouraging & not accurate!:angry:
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I always retain water right before. I'm also hungrier and eat a lot more too! Don't worry, it's temporary!

L.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I always gain weight that week. It drives me nuts...mix that in with the crazy chocolate cravings that week and I'm bound to gain lol
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Avoid the scale during TOM--you will avoid a crushing meltdown. lol
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'd skip it if you think it might discourage you.
  • MISHACHEZ
    Options
    I always weigh more during that time, even if just 1-2 lbs....:brokenheart: but its ok,,, I always look fwd to the end of that time :bigsmile:
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I always retain water and gain 5-7lbs during aunt flo's visit! But it's not fat, it's water and leaves when my TOM is over!
  • Nixb19
    Nixb19 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I've never had issues at TOM, but I would expect even a small gain, even if it's just half a pound. Skip it if it's a huge worry :0) no need to stress yourself!
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    If you think you will react to the weight even after you know its because you're bloated then I suggest that you don't go on the scale at all until after it's over.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I gain a ton, too! 2-4 pounds at least!
  • bellastephania
    Options
    I used to always gain almost like 6 lbs, but it was always water retention - but the following week it will all come off and maybe a bit more if you have a great week - I guess thats one of the positives to that wonderful time of the month. Now that i have had a hysterectomy i seem to retain water all the time because of my estrogen levels - which is crappy only being 34 - but i keep plugging away.