Best compliment in May

Options
I have read to many topics about harsh comments lately...so what was the best compliment you recieved this month?

A previously hateful coworker made a comment about how impressed he was by my continued drive to succeed.

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    My friend keeps complimenting my favorite shirt. He says I look great in it, and only I can rock the cheetah print as well as I do. :D
  • mmerry5
    mmerry5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Went to a new doctor for the first time (our regular Dr. retired) and I think he was a bit surprised when he saw me and saw that I was 50. He said, “Wow you’re in great shape. Are you a runner?” It was nice that he could tell that I try to take care of myself. I’ve been using MFP for a little over a year and it’s the first time I’ve been able to lose and maintain without yo-yoing. Oh, and by the way, I do run almost every day. Nice that he could tell!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hmmmm congrats on me making it through a very touch semester at school.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    "You look beautiful!" ~ My MFP friends. :)
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    "Girl, dat *kitten*!"
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    "where have you been hiding that"

in reference to dat *kitten*
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    A woman guessed my age as 38! That's a HUGE compliment, considering I have a child that's 32! :happy:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    "These cookies are a hundred times better than anything I could buy in a store!'
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    A woman guessed my age as 38! That's a HUGE compliment, considering I have a child that's 32! :happy:

Awesome
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow, you couldn't zip that jacket up last year.- Said by my mother last week...
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I keep getting good comments about how I rescued a pregnant stray cat and I'm keeping her and her 2 babies that survived :)
  • Lxgogo
    Lxgogo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I was carded by someone who said I looked like I could possibly be 24 (so she HAD to card me), but then she apologized and said that she thought I definately looked younger than her (she was 25). It made me smile.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    A Beach Body "coach" told me that I looked like a winner and a perfect candidate for Shakeology.
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    At the last team meeting our softball team had, they all clapped for me and said without me getting the sponsor and rounding everyone up we wouldn't have had a team.

it made me feel really good that they recognized it was alot of work
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My son told me I wasn't fat anymore. This is a huge compliment! And then he followed it up with...but DAD is fat! My ex was horrible to me about my weight when my son was growing up so to see the tables turn is kind of sweet.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My co-worker sang ZZ Top, She's Got Legs song while I was walking down the hall.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A nice man at the gym complimented me on my squat form.
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The one that has meant the most...and I needed--the day after being asked if I was pregnant.

A peer at the gym who had been out with an injury (foot fracture) for 6 weeks-approached me and said that of all the people in the gym, I am the one that has changed the most. When I asked for clarification because I was utterly confused. The reply was that I appeared to be getting smaller and gaining definition....
    Now that is an amazing compliment. Exactly what I have been trying to do...
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Great thread!
    I've been doing tons of uphill hiking the past several weeks. My husband keeps looking at my butt and spanks it when I walk by. No words necessary for that compliment.
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I volunteer for in a first grade classroom (6 and 7 years old). The sustitute teacher asked which student was my child. I told her my son is 27 and that I'm a senior citizen volunteer (age 58).