Soo hungry

Options
Maybe i logged something wrong in my diary. Idk but i know my lunch is accurate im not sure about my breakfast though. anyway, all i had was lunch and breakfast and i ended up being -264 with my cals. I think i logged my oatmeal wrong. When i logged it, i used the recipe section and logged everything i added to my oatmeal.

Anyway here is my food diary http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Gallen88

The problem right now is I AM STARVING and im out of cals for the day so i just made some eggs and toast and ate it. What am i doing wrong? I know im not supposed to go over the cals when i feel like it and i didnt work out today so what gives? Why am i so hungry?

Anybody else have this problem?

Replies

• doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    How much oatmeal did you really have? 1 cup cooked oatmeal should have 130 - 150 calories so if you had over 600 calories of oatmeal did you have 4 cups of oatmeal for breakfast?

I try to have 225 - 350 calories at each meal plus tons of water each day. If I get hungry I try to go for a banana, apple, whole grain crackers (Wasa is great for only 45 cal each). I think you calculated wrong on the oatmeal
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Agree with Doramouse. Redo your oatmeal... I eat oatmeal every morning. Unless you're adding a ton of milk, sugar, fruits and nuts or something, it should only be about 150 cals. Good luck!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    You might want to check your oatmeal entry??? Sometimes I'll search the database, put something in my food diary, and then have to go back and adjust the servings/serving size because I wasn't paying attention.
  • DoralisM
    Options
    Don't worry I'm always hungry myself! LOL When i go over my calories I make myself exercise that day. Are you eating 3 or 5 meals a day? Try to eat smaller meals and a big glass of water when you're done.
  • melissarforlife
    melissarforlife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous person. Try to make your intake of food for meals about 300 or 400, and try snacking on fruit, especially apples! I ate mine with carmel today. Water too is a big filler! I have this huge 32oz jug of water that I have with me, and I buy the sugar free ones. I also stay away from bread. I eat the wasa crackers, whole wheat because I like the crunch! I hope this helps. I also have eggs in the am, but its 70 cal per egg. I put them in the microwave so I don't have butter cal.
    God bless and hang in there!
    Melissa...I will add you as a friend :)
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    How much oatmeal did you really have? 1 cup cooked oatmeal should have 130 - 150 calories so if you had over 600 calories of oatmeal did you have 4 cups of oatmeal for breakfast?

whoah that's a lot of oatmeal.
    Unless you put brown sugar, cream, butter, apples, bacon, raisins, jam, and maple syrup in it, too. Then maybe the cal count is OK.
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

I try to have 225 - 350 calories at each meal plus tons of water each day. If I get hungry I try to go for a banana, apple, whole grain crackers (Wasa is great for only 45 cal each). I think you calculated wrong on the oatmeal

No def not... lol ... its so high because i added in the sugar/cream/margarine that i added to it
  • Gallen88
    Options
    I just adjusted it to a cup and now it says 300 cals for oatmeal and -231 overall
  • doramouse
    Options
    Try to cut all the sugar/cream/butter/margarine/mayo things in half as you are starting out. I used to say I would NEVER give up my Best Foods Real Mayo and now I eat the lite stuff. I decided a month or so ago it's not worth the calories for the "taste".

I put some raisins in my oatmeal and a little 1% milk and skip the butter - it's not a delicious as it used to be but it fills me up and I save the cals for later.

It just takes time to get used to it and only you can decide what it is worth to you.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    No def not... lol ... its so high because i added in the sugar/cream/margarine that i added to it

There ya go, unfortunately those calories did absolutely nothing for you. :( Look for higher protein items to help keep you full with fewer calories.
  • doramouse
    Options
    I just adjusted it to a cup and now it says 300 cals for oatmeal and -231 overall

Much better! Tomorrow just try to exercise a bit more and space out your food and drink your water. I drink talking rain fizzy water and it really helps. Good luck! You can do it! (feel free to friend me if you want)
  • Silver180
    Silver180 Posts: 294
    Options
    You know what goes good in oatmeal? Jelly. Just mix in a spoonful of your favorite flavor, stir it well. Cut out all the other nonsense.
  • Gallen88
    Options
    Try to cut all the sugar/cream/butter/margarine/mayo things in half as you are starting out. I used to say I would NEVER give up my Best Foods Real Mayo and now I eat the lite stuff. I decided a month or so ago it's not worth the calories for the "taste".

I put some raisins in my oatmeal and a little 1% milk and skip the butter - it's not a delicious as it used to be but it fills me up and I save the cals for later.

It just takes time to get used to it and only you can decide what it is worth to you.

~crys~ but i love the sugar/cream/margarine
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like to use the flavored oatmeal packets. They are about 150 calories and full of flavor! :smile:
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I made a chocolate peanut butter oatmeal today with 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup of water, 1 envelope of Swiss miss sensible sweets fat free hot chocolate mix, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate PB2. Mix it all together and microwave 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened. 260 calories and 250 mg sodium. I put the recipe in my food blog today. You can get to that by going to the site in my signature block.

Now, on another note, if you had gotten some exercise in today that would have at least helped with your deficit and if you had gotten in A LOT of exercise you probably would have had some calories left over so you could have a snack tonight. That's just an honest opinion.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    fruits and veggies! You'd be surprised how full you feel if you have a few pieces of fruit through out the day.... and LOTS of water (I'm working on this myself... but this week I have done good and i can't believe how much less hungry I am)
  • Gallen88
    Options
    fruits and veggies! You'd be surprised how full you feel if you have a few pieces of fruit through out the day.... and LOTS of water (I'm working on this myself... but this week I have done good and i can't believe how much less hungry I am)

I already drink water like crazy. my dad just bought a case of water home last week and i have already gone through 3 gallons of it! so he had to buy another 1