Crazy train

Options
I'm running circles and driving myself crazy.

Ate more than usual for breakfast
Felt guilty
Ate sweet peppers and Baby Bell cheese for lunch
Felt great
Left work and met up with a friend, had 2 beers and a couple onion rings
Felt guilty
Came home, ran a mile
Felt great
Fell asleep 10 minutes later
Felt guilty
Took a walk with the kids
Felt great
Ate 2 servings of Salted Caramel pretzels (Amazing stuff")
Felt guilty

If this keeps up I'm going to become obsessively crazy!

Replies

• Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain the weight in a day and you won't lose it in a day. When your weight is interfering with your life it is a problem. When your weight loss plan is interfering with your life IMNSHO it is a problem. Have that beer with a friend, take a nap, eat an onion ring, you'll make it up. So it takes you a few more weeks to reach your goal, who cares.
  • TXEXrunner
    TXEXrunner Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's just one day of your journey. You really don't need to feel guilty about the negatives you see. It's not your routine. Have you thought about entering your diet in the diary and tracking numbers, or do you just gauge your progress through periodic weigh ins? Maybe another means of checking yourself will help you keep from going crazy (more frequent measures may give you peace of mind). Just a thought. Find your routine and stick with it. An occasional slip is ok, Friend if you want some more virtual support. Good luck.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep agree on the don't beat yourself up ethos. I have binges where I double my calorie intake for the day. I have days when I don't even get off my more than ample a**. It's life and we all need to concentrate on living it as best we can. Progress may be slower but you'll still get there.
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies. This losing weight thing is new to me. I was once on the other side of the scale trying to gain weight. Funny how life catches up to you. I do log all of my food. MFP is connected to my Fitbit account. That constant 'in my face' accountability is driving me nuts but I know deep down it's what's going to help me eventually succeed.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm running circles and driving myself crazy.

Ate more than usual for breakfast
    Felt guilty
    Ate sweet peppers and Baby Bell cheese for lunch
    Felt great
    Left work and met up with a friend, had 2 beers and a couple onion rings
    Felt guilty
    Came home, ran a mile
    Felt great
    Fell asleep 10 minutes later
    Felt guilty
    Took a walk with the kids
    Felt great
    Ate 2 servings of Salted Caramel pretzels (Amazing stuff")
    Felt guilty

If this keeps up I'm going to become obsessively crazy!

Focus on the positives and ignore the rest. You made a lot of healthy choices--keep it up! The more healthy choices you make, the more you'll see that beer and salted caramel pretzels once in a while won't hurt you one bit.

Also, don't feel guilty for taking a nap! No shame in a little shut-eye.
  • heathl39
    heathl39 Posts: 46
    Options
    We're looking to get rid of weight and by the way it is by far the most UNfun thing to do EVER! It was easy to gain and always will be! Just try a relax and understand you will have awesome days, OK days, and just plain bad days with this diet exercising thing. Be OK with yourself to make some mistakes. We are not perfect. Last night I ate chips. They are my enemy and I are more than I should. I shouldn't have eaten them at all, but today is a new day. You can do this ;)
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Just take a deep breath, don't over analyze. If you think you need to be perfect you are going to go crazy and you will fail. Don the best you can, accept your ups & downs, and remember: guilt & worry change nothing, so don't waste the energy. Stay positive and settle in for the long haul.
  • inneedofanap
    inneedofanap Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm not going to let it beat me.... New day starts tomorrow!