New today and have a question

Options
I started today and after I ate under my calorie intake and worked out over a little and after I summit everything for the day it said if I keep doing this I would gain a pound in 5 weeks Im not sure why. They gave me extra calories for my work out and I went over the original calories but not over the extra ones they gave me. Im a little confused and disappointed because I worked really hard today.

Replies

• Battosai08
    Battosai08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try giving it a few days. Maybe its just because you did so much in that one day??
    Don't let it discourage you!! My first week it told me I'd lose twenty pounds in 5 weeks and I gained four pounds in my first week. But I'm just now starting to drop it. (But I've also been slacking on the exercise).
  • mldoty
    mldoty Posts: 6
    Options
    I dont think you want to use the extra cal's even tho they give them you want to keep your energy but not go overborad...... Keep your head up it gets easier
  • PokenStick
    Options
    Not sure if you want to or not, but If you make your food diary public, we can give you more of a precise answer.

However without looking, if you went way over on your sugar or other categories, it will impact the number.
  • stacieholt
    stacieholt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks for responding everyone. how do you make food diary public?
  • PokenStick
    Options
    My Home -> Settings -> Food and Exercise Diary Settings

It's a select at the bottom of the page.
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    you can make it public in your settings. Im not a dietician but I do not understand why the site gives people extra calories once they worked out. My logic behind this is, when I watch "The Biggest Loser" and they are working out for hours upon hours in the gym, their not allowed to go the buffet and eat back all the calories they burned. I dont eat the extra calories they give, it just doesnt make sense to me.
  • lblb104
    Options
    You need to read the enitre line across. I have 238 cal left but I went over by 13grams of fat. so really you need to look at your food i intake perhaps it had to much fat in it. I do this program and WW and I seriously considering stoping w/ weight watchers and doing this program only. hope this helps.
  • PokenStick
    Options
    you can make it public in your settings. Im not a dietician but I do not understand why the site gives people extra calories once they worked out. My logic behind this is, when I watch "The Biggest Loser" and they are working out for hours upon hours in the gym, their not allowed to go the buffet and eat back all the calories they burned. I dont eat the extra calories they give, it just doesnt make sense to me.

The difference is, many are morbidly obese and they have trained medical staff watching over them. With all the calories they burn, they lose the weight extremely fast. Losing that much weight that fast, is not healthy. For the average person who doesn't have trained medical staff watching their health, it's not a good idea.

This site is for people to get healthy, and live a healthy life style. Not lose 20lbs a week. It's not designed that way. It's designed to be slow and safe.
  • stacieholt
    Options
    Thanks, I changed my settings.
    Are you doing p90x?
  • stacieholt
    Options
    I did go over my protein, oops.
    I was thinking every calorie is created equally.lol
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    However without looking, if you went way over on your sugar or other categories, it will impact the number.

The difference is, many are morbidly obese and they have trained medical staff watching over them. With all the calories they burn, they lose the weight extremely fast. Losing that much weight that fast, is not healthy. For the average person who doesn't have trained medical staff watching their health, it's not a good idea.

This site is for people to get healthy, and live a healthy life style. Not lose 20lbs a week. It's not designed that way. It's designed to be slow and safe.
    ************************************************************************************************************************************************
    I eat all the exercise calories every day and stay close on all the numbers and the thing tells me, "If every day is like today, you will weigh 205 in 5 weeks." (currently 216).
    The key thing I've found to work best for me is to do "fasted cardio". I get up at 5AM, drink a cup of hot tea and after 30 minutes (for absorption) I get on the treadmill to run my miles. Currently doing 4.4mi. @ 6.0 mph, cooldown walk for 1.6 mi. @3.5 mph yielding 865 cals burned. Protein powder drink right after and then 20 minutes later(absorption again), I eat a balanced b/fast and I'm still 350 to 400 in the hole. The fasted cardio burns fat so well b/c the tank(stomach) is empty, so your body burns fat for energy during the workout and after as well b/c the exercise ups your metabolism. When I started to do this I was a little too aggressive on building the miles and an injury put me out for a while but the 16 pounds lost in 6 weeks took 6 weeks to start coming back and a total of 12 weeks to totally return. I maintained on the rehab and last week started back again and have dropped 2.5 pounds and I'm on my way again. Good luck and i hope this helps.