Former Weight Watchers trying this

Options
2»

Replies

• theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Former WW client here. I loved WW, but I just can't afford it at this point. I think I'll get the same accountabiiity here.
  • qbredlipstick
    qbredlipstick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was on WW Online for 7 years and quit for awhile to save money. I haven't been successful with anything lately so I just rejoined WW Online and I'm logging in both places. I missed the healthy check offs to remind me to get fruits and veggies, and I feel like I need to eat better on WW bc I think they take into account the fat content more. We'll see if it helps, if not I'll cancel it again bc the data base on MFP is soooo much better.
  • sandydiane
    sandydiane Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also did weight watchers several years ago and lost my weight but slowly gained it all back. I really like counting calories with my fitness pal and the food database is really good. Also love that my fitness pal is free
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Also came from weight watchers (great program) but I ultimately made the switch because of cost and tired of converting everything to points. I want to calorie count the rest of my life so it only makes sense to count calories.

BIG TIP
    1. Make sure you record everything, that includes fruits and veggies. WW did the 0 point thing for those, but not here.
    2. Make sure you go into "settings" and update your fitness goal weight there often. For some reason fitness pal doesn't adjust / lower your target goal automatically unless you enter it there.
  • Analiz76
    Analiz76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    About three years ago I used a combination of MFP & WW Point System after joining a biggest loser contest at work. It really did help me lose 32lbs. I don't remember the exact timeframe but it was somewhere around 4 months. Unfortunately, due to laziness and stresses of life, I have regained it all. I've attempted to start over several times but failed horribly & believe it or not, I never even knew these forums existed. I just discovered them because a co-worker new to MFP pointed them out. Maybe this is what I need to keep me going.... Other like minded people to keep me accountable. Also got a Fitbit this time around but have NO friends involved at all!