I lost weight and didn't leave her

Options
13»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    there is a rare relationship problem that isn't fixed by a little bit o bukkake.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    there is a rare relationship problem that isn't fixed by a little bit o bukkake.

Threw-Up-In-Mouth-Toilet-Hygine-Work_zpsb406b07f.gif

OP, I'm glad you're in a happy, stable marriage. Not every marriage is as happy or stable though, and not every man (or woman) as committed as you and your partner.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    People have this warped belief that if you're unhappy you leave rather than make the effort to work with their partner to find happiness again.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options

Omg that thread was a total time suck. I got lost in there.

this, and to quote the OP

Sooooo, do you put out on the first date??? - his reply to her posting... a little surprised you are married,, hope you dont say this stuff to your wife......
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    People have this warped belief that if you're unhappy you leave rather than make the effort to work with their partner to find happiness again.

I can see if you are only with them for a little while but some people stay in relationships that are toxic for years or even decades trying to "make it work" - be happy- if you are in a toxic relationship dont waste years of your life because people say you arent putting in the effort to make it better - just sayin
    just my opinion- take it as you will
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Thats right...been with my wife for 23 years, through thick and thin......we talked about our problems before they became toxic.....

tumblr_lugq5qXhvV1r16xkr.gif
    HMM...where's all my support at?? Oh, thats right..i'm not a woman who blames all her problems on men....

tumblr_inline_mvexa5MeFl1ruhpbm.gif

I was with you for the first part. Then you had to go and ruin it.

Indeed.gif
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

I can see if you are only with them for a little while but some people stay in relationships that are toxic for years or even decades trying to "make it work" - be happy- if you are in a toxic relationship dont waste years of your life because people say you arent putting in the effort to make it better - just sayin
    just my opinion- take it as you will
    I disagree. I think it applies more to people who have been together a long time and for the most part were happy but let temptation of freedom, a change, the grass is greener kind of mentality, get to them.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options

People have this warped belief that if you continue to pour effort into a bad relationship, they'll somehow will be happy .
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    NEVER be with someone because you hope one day they will be different than they are.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Youre married? Would not have guessed that from your profile blurbs

"Read my profile carefully, before you get upset about my posts!!! Ladies, the more perverted the friend request, the more likely I will accept!!!"

I'm funny ( at least I've been told ), Honest, truthful. I'm also a big pervert, 99% of my posts will be sexual in nature, I'm a huge flirt and always make inappropriate comments to people. I hit on every woman i meet! i'm just joking, not trying to offend, but some people might take offense. So, if you're one of those people who gets easily offended, you can just get the **** out now.

Awwwww...he made his profile private now. Boo. If my hubby had that up on his profile, sarcasm or not, he'd get a swift kick in the balls. Just sayin'. :heart:
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Waaaiiit a minute Scotty, I do have to point out that due to your relationship, you could have also been turned into a lesbian in a man's body, just like the person in the other topic! :P
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Waaaiiit a minute Scotty, I do have to point out that due to your relationship, you could have also been turned into a lesbian in a man's body, just like the person in the other topic! :P
    Or bisexual, possibly just like the person in the other topic.
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    OK, OK..you post quotes from my profile, and didn't read the sarcasm part....I get it.....maybe I did go a little overboard. But the topic was ripe for this...she posted HER side of the story, now i f she was right, I apologize, but history is always written by the victors, so maybe the story was skewed...anyway, it just upset me that all those women, were like "You GO girl! "its all his fault"....it takes 2 people to make a relationship work......or fail.......

F***in' eh to that man!!!!!!!!
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

"Read my profile carefully, before you get upset about my posts!!! Ladies, the more perverted the friend request, the more likely I will accept!!!"

I'm funny ( at least I've been told ), Honest, truthful. I'm also a big pervert, 99% of my posts will be sexual in nature, I'm a huge flirt and always make inappropriate comments to people. I hit on every woman i meet! i'm just joking, not trying to offend, but some people might take offense. So, if you're one of those people who gets easily offended, you can just get the **** out now.

Awwwww...he made his profile private now. Boo. If my hubby had that up on his profile, sarcasm or not, he'd get a swift kick in the balls. Just sayin'. :heart:

Mine too, but he knows it. Props to you scotty!

I see many couples that when one has drastic weight loss there's a divorce, same thing with gain, or cheating, or a multitude of other things. Good for you.

I feel like I'm one of the only people that don't want to lynch this dude. To many people, not me because I work in IT, the internet is not a 'real' thing so they do and say whatever they want and no f*cks are given. Big whoop.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

I see many couples that when one has drastic weight loss there's a divorce, same thing with gain, or cheating, or a multitude of other things. Good for you.

I feel like I'm one of the only people that don't want to lynch this dude. To many people, not me because I work in IT, the internet is not a 'real' thing so they do and say whatever they want and no f*cks are given. Big whoop.

You do realize he posted this as a joke after a beautiful woman said she broke free of a loveless relationship with her husband and he felt like being an asshat in a separate thread shortly after. It would have been completely different had it just been a raw post and not some childish attempt at tasteless humor.

but you're right, this is the internet and people have every right to say whatever the hell comes into their tiny little minds but don't for one second think that there won't be back lash for it. ;)
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

You do realize he posted this as a joke after a beautiful woman said she broke free of a loveless relationship with her husband and he felt like being an asshat in a separate thread shortly after. It would have been completely different had it just been a raw post and not some childish attempt at tasteless humor.

but you're right, this is the internet and people have every right to say whatever the hell comes into their tiny little minds but don't for one second think that there won't be back lash for it. ;)

Right, because we all know exactly what happened in this relationship after hearing one side of an online story that someone posted for public comments/validity, so we really should feel very self righteous in defending all possible humor targeting this relationship...between people we don't know and made up a reality about that we now treasure in our heads. That's some srs bizness to make light of Scotty, shame on you for inferring staying together after losing weight is important! ;)
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

That's what I said in the original post, and caught heat for not supporting her leaving her uncomplimentary husband to enter into a lesbian relationship.
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options

That's what I said in the original post, and caught heat for not supporting her leaving her uncomplimentary husband to enter into a lesbian relationship.

If you had actually listened to her, she did not put the full blame on him, she said she left him, then found her newest love. She did not leave her husband for the lady. How do you know she did not put the effort in. Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is to leave.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

Right, because we all know exactly what happened in this relationship after hearing one side of an online story that someone posted for public comments/validity, so we really should feel very self righteous in defending all possible humor targeting this relationship...between people we don't know and made up a reality about that we now treasure in our heads. That's some srs bizness to make light of Scotty, shame on you for inferring staying together after losing weight is important! ;)

How about staying together is important UNLESS talking does nothing and the relationship had devolved with no real resolution. How are you to assume the opposite of what you're inferring of me? Sure, we don't know full details but given that we hear one side and it's not something damaging to the OP in the other thread, in fact, she was freed from the experience...what good does it do to post in jest that you're so awesome that you kept your relationship together. Essentially mocking her for her decisions. That, ultimately, was my point.

Staying together is important, if you're in a relationship that is salvageable. Who but the individual can determine that? Are we so self righteous that we think that anyone whose gone through a divorce has done so in a knee her reaction to a single disagreement or mere boredom?

Also, from other's digging, OP isn't exactly the prime model for the perfect relationship. Bahahaha. It's not really bizarre that I would stand by an Internet stranger in their decision to be happy. Good for them for pursuing happiness.

I suppose I can understand your point in not caring whether this OP feels like being an asshat but meh.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    HMM...where's all my support at?? Oh, thats right..i'm not a woman who blames all her problems on men....

Nah, just a man who blames not getting enough attention on women :wink: