how long to lose 25/30 pounds?

Options
Hello everyone,

How long do you think it would take me to lose 25/30lbs? I exercise 6 days a week mostly a 4 mile brisk walk, I eat my 1200 calorie diet clean and balanced and I am not over weight my BMI is about 23 at the moment, I am around 5,2 and 125 pounds, please no criticism, I was 100 pounds six months ago, my body was perfectly healthy but I gained weight from lack of exercise and being lazy, so I would like to get down to that area again.

Thank you.

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
  • Dani20121
    Dani20121 Posts: 2
    Options
    well if you do it right which means eating healthy and exercising you should lose about 2-4lbs a week
  • catmurray2
    catmurray2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    With the way that you are eating/exercising, I would say within 4-5 months. I have lost almost 20 pounds within 2.5 months doing the same type of exercising and calories as yourself. :) Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    With the way that you are eating/exercising, I would say within 4-5 months. I have lost almost 20 pounds within 2.5 months doing the same type of exercising and calories as yourself. :) Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Were you 125 pounds when you started?
  • Quarkles
    Quarkles Posts: 69 Member
    Options

It took a lot of effort to not laugh at this (I'm in public and don't want to be the weird lady giggling at her phone).
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    well if you do it right which means eating healthy and exercising you should lose about 2-4lbs a week

What? No, a person who weighs only 125 pounds is not going to lose 2-4 pounds a week healthily. Think of it in terms of bodyweight percentage. You can lose 2-4 pounds per week healthily if you weigh 350 pounds, but not 125.
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options

It took a lot of effort to not laugh at this (I'm in public and don't want to be the weird lady giggling at her phone).

Good thing I'm at home, cause I totally laughed at it. LOL
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    OP if you are not overweight and you have a BMI of 23, why do you want to lose 25 - 30 lb?
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,023 Member
    Options
    100lb at your height puts you below a healthy BMI.

Yes I know BMI isn't the be all and end all,but wondering if your goal is healthy or realistic.
  • yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I didn't expect the Simpsons gif! LOL!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Funny-memes-girls-be-like-finally-hit-my-goal-weight.jpg
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Why?
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1zqvBv7.gif
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options

Exactly........
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    1zqvBv7.gif

And, YUUUUP
  • catmurray2
    catmurray2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No I wasn´t, It is just a guesstimate. But I am assuming with the amount of exercise and her daily calorie intake that it could be possible :)
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

How long do you think it would take me to lose 25/30lbs? I exercise 6 days a week mostly a 4 mile brisk walk, I eat my 1200 calorie diet clean and balanced and I am not over weight my BMI is about 23 at the moment, I am around 5,2 and 125 pounds, please no criticism, I was 100 pounds six months ago, my body was perfectly healthy but I gained weight from lack of exercise and being lazy, so I would like to get down to that area again.

Thank you.
    Hate to break it to you darling, but it's taken me nearly 3 months to lose 30lb and I am hella bigger than 125lb. Yeah....nothing else to add here....
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Funny-memes-girls-be-like-finally-hit-my-goal-weight.jpg

+a bajillion
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

Please DO NOT LISTEN to this lady for the love of God