The difference a month can make...

Options
enriant
enriant Posts: 38 Member
Hey guys! I'm just posting this for those who might just be starting out, or haven't yet been convinced to take 'progress' pictures. The photos on the top are from April 30; the ones on the bottom are from tonight.

Month1_zps914630e8.jpg

The difference looks a bit greater than it is, because I failed to replicate the camera angle and I'm wearing better bottoms, but you get the picture. Back fat way smaller, bra gapping where before it pinched a little... I'd reached my limit when I took those before photos (they're actually already 2.5 weeks in and 6 pounds lighter than when I'd started), and they were definitely hard to take... but I'm so so glad I did.

Also, if anyone has any insight on how to take better progress photos (especially from the back, which I just cannot do consistently), that'd be awesome! :smile:

Replies

• Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looking good. Very encouraging.
  • nicjustine
    nicjustine Posts: 37
    Options
    Wow! You're doing great! Such great progress in such a short time. Keep it up!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You should be proud, and definitely keep the before photos. Your jaw will drop looking at the changes when you get where you're going :smile:.

Do you have anyone else that can take the photos for you? My husband takes my photos once a month in the same spot (I even try for the same lighting/time of day/angle). Then I scale the photos to the same size when I make them into before/after collages with picmonkey. I also chose the same bottoms and sports bra, until the sports bra I was wearing became obscenely large.
  • Sharonwalkergmailcom
    Sharonwalkergmailcom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just took my first pictures yesterday and it made me mad. I didn't know I looked like this. It also inspired me to change becuz it really is a reality check. An girl you can see a big difference. Good for you!!!!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great progress in such a short time! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • chellehubcap
    Options
    I still cannot make myself post pics. I totally hate taking pics anyway. But I have lost 13 lbs, and it has been a looooong process of starting and stopping. I can try to put up excuses but they just do nothing more than give me a false sense of justification. Maybe I can take the pics and just not post them till I am at a weight that I can be more proud of... eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk. Scary!
  • ummyasminah
    ummyasminah Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looking great, thanks for the motivation!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    great work! It's totally true and unless you take the photos and measurements you won't see the difference. I always set the timer and then do side photos, back and front in the same place wearing the same clothes and then when I compare it's way easier to be convinced.
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Look for the App called CamMe you put your phone so it is taking a picture like a selfie but you back up to get more in the picture. When you are ready you do like a high five so the camera detects it then it will make a sound then you make a fist to say go.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    What a big difference!!! High five
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I still cannot make myself post pics. I totally hate taking pics anyway. But I have lost 13 lbs, and it has been a looooong process of starting and stopping. I can try to put up excuses but they just do nothing more than give me a false sense of justification. Maybe I can take the pics and just not post them till I am at a weight that I can be more proud of... eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk. Scary!

I encourage you to take them. Do it now.. They will help you stay motivated when you are at a rough spot. I also feel like posting the pictures helps me feel more accountable. I started out over 300lbs... and I posted a picture of me on my Facebook where 800 some people could see me at my worst... and it made me feel like.. they are all watching me.. and I am down in the 260s now and they are all still cheering me on and when I have fell off the wagon they all ask me how its going or urge me to get back started.

Just do it. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!