Right food for the right times

Options
What would be the best type of carb to eat before a really hard workout?

I will be participating in a Boot Camp style workout tomorrow. In general, I have cut back on carbs but I know they are necessary before a hard workout.

What would be the best kind of carbs to eat before hand?

Replies

• AMSull19
    AMSull19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I ran track in high school, we would always "carboload" the night before a meet. It was always bread and pasta, and it always seemed to help. Try whole grain pasta
  • frisk72682
    frisk72682 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Designer whey protein shakes. I usually do a scoop of the chocolate, with 1 cup of almond milk, a banana, and 6 ice cubes. There's enough carbs and proteins in it to make it through a tough work out. I then would eat half an english muffin with 1 tablespoon PB. If you drink a shake like this, wait at least a half hour before working out...lol otherwise you might get sick

Otherwise if you have more time before the workout, oatmeal is great too!

Usually Amazon has the 2lb containers for cheapest. If you go to the designer whey website, they offer up some delicious shake recipes that are rarely over 200 calories!

Good luck!
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Great suggestions ladies! Thanks!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I attend boot camps 3x a week and usually I eat a boiled egg or a banana, or a piece of wheat toast with PB and drink a half bottle of water. Whatever you do, EAT! .... I made the mistake of trying to just wig it with water and eat after it was done and needless to say I almost passed out and couldn't even finish the entire workout. Best of luck! I love boot camp.