squats??

Options
Where do I log squats? Its not on cardio only strength.. surly I'm losing some sort of calories doing them lol

Replies

• l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can find it in strength not cardio....and it will show how many calories you burn once you enter all the info
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I just searched for "squats" in cardio and it was most certainly there.
  • l_clc
    Options
    I can't find it in cardio...I get a 'no results found'. It does show up in strength when I search though. I'm sure you can find it in one of them though OP.
  • rebprest
    rebprest Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I doubt the calories you burn from doing squats are very high unless you're doing a boatload. They are more about building strength and muscle. So if MFP only allows you to log them as strength, then do the calories you lose still come off your daily allotment? Is that what you're looking for?
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    ???

kFOHxPE.jpg
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i get no results too - but i would just search for "weight lifting" and add in a total time for lifting and call it good.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    Options
    I thought perhaps those were exercises I added myself, but they're not in my lists of exercises I've ever logged. I don't even log my exercise... or own an HRM. So weird!
  • l_clc
    Options
    ???

kFOHxPE.jpg

Haha so weird, I get nothing! Only shows up in strength for me.
  • TheDangy
    TheDangy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories you burn with weight training depends on more than just how long you're doing it. Intensity matters more than time, as does (total) weight lifted. You'll burn more calories doing compound exercises at 85%-90% 1RM (say 5 reps per set) than doing lower weight isolation exercises for same duration of time.

Since intensity, type of exercise, weight used and duration can all vary from workout to workout, its very difficult to put a static number on it.
  • 55amanda
    55amanda Posts: 15
    Options
    Try all for the answers
  • CaptRahul
    CaptRahul Posts: 3
    Options
    Only way to do measure those calories burnt is through a heart rate monitor but that would also be a bit inaccurate though..
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    do the squats but don't log them
    the change from doing them is well worth it
  • LifterDave
    LifterDave Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Logging weight training in the strength training section will not tell you how much you burned, but it is a decent place to log and track your progress. For calories burned from weight training, go to cardio and enter strength training and for how many minutes.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    ???

kFOHxPE.jpg

It appears that you are using the app, where it apparently shows up. On the web, the page is different, and squats do not return a result.