It's Working!!!

Options
CheekyNikki
CheekyNikki Posts: 19 Member
I had previously tried MFP and went all the way down to my goal weight and ended up falling off the wagon and being embarrassed to come back. All that changed on May 5th when I stepped on the scale and saw that I was headed back to where I had started a couple of years ago. It was time for me to make a change. I recorded my weight and body measurements in a weight journal and began putting an honest effort into MFP. My results to date are as follows:

Weight: now 162lbs was 174.2lbs
Neck: now 13" was 13.5"
Chest: now 35" was 37"
Waist: now 31" was 34"
Hips: now 42" was 44"
R. Thigh: now 25.5" was 27.5"
L. Thigh: now 25" was 26.5"
R. Calf: now 15" was 16"
L. Calf: now 15" was 16"
R. Bicep: now 12.5" was 12.5"
L. Bicep: now 12.5" was 13"
R. Forearm: now 10" was 10"
L. Forearm: now 9.5" was 10"

Final results for May: Down 12.2lbs and lost 14".

I'm trying to figure out how to add pictures to this post but I'm not having any success :sad:

Replies

• jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I personally track my weight and measurements often! Like every day, at least with the weight. They say you're not supposed to, but if I have gained or maintained, it makes me work harder int he gym and with eating, and if I've lost, I feel great and work harder. I don't see the scale as a detrimental thing at all. And the other thing you can do is track which pants you fit into. Sometimes, I go shopping and try on a size smaller to see how close I am to fitting. Right now, I'm fitting into a size 10 for the first time, although they're a bit tight. Just knowing I fit though is enough motivation to make me want to try harder. I will fit into them comfortably soon!
  • KathieSwenson
    KathieSwenson Posts: 179
    Options
    awesome job. I have lost major inches and I'm so ready to start my next training program with my gym to see what I want to do next but I can decide. I tend to weigh everyday even though your not supposed to because I feel out of control of what I'm doing. I can get a generalized idea of how my body reacted to certain foods just by stepping on the scale. Like i know if I go and get Chicken Express *high fat and sodium* that I can expect to be 2 lbs heavier the next day. Most of that is water weight gain from the extreme sodium. I have used getting my certification as a motivator to work hard and keep working and I know once I start the next one (which will probably be a cardio class) that inches are going to fly off just like they did when I trained for Body flow. There is something about It when you take 6 months to just truly train to be an instructor. I hope that that is a path you may choose for yourself and that others will see it as beneficial also. Great JOB! KEEP UP THE AWESOME JOB!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! its hard to come back especially when you get to goal and then it goes wrong you should be so proud
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!