i screwed up

Options
i was doing great since i started 3 days ago and today i ate some 25 kibe (quibe) small ones but it shot my calories over 3500 above my goal. i will have to make up tommorow

Replies

• jessimacar
    Options
    i find that when i'm way over my calories, drinking a lot of water really helps! so drink drink drink!!
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's only ONE day....ONE meal in the whole grand scheme of things.....keep your chin up! That's great progress RECOGNIZING where our pitfalls are along this ENTIRE journey!

ummm.......what's kibe?
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Eh, don't worry about it. It's already in the past. I went over my goal today by almost 600 calories. Tomorrow is a new day to exercise like crazy and eat less :)
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    you and me both. i did soooooooooooo bad today. i dont even know what to say!!! its ridiculous! i had a melt down...but like you i will make up for it!
  • michis05
    michis05 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i went over 700...lol but i know now what to do for next time
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you're new, you're allowed...at least you aren't giving up...you have admitted you messed up and that tomorrow is a new day, you're ahead of some of the lifestyle changers...took me a long time to figure out that if i fall off the wagon, that doesn't allow me to lay in the mud...get back up there and promise yourself tomorrow that you're either going to do one hell of a work out, or you're not going to blow your calories again. stay strong, this isn't going to happen over night.
  • Soilcon
    Options
    I've been in your shoes before. It's not easy to get back on track. I tend to get down on myself and then start grazing on food again. This site has helped me take note of the food that I eat. Hope it will help you also. Get up tomorrow and start over without thinking about today's setback. Good luck!
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Boy I love quibe!! It is one of my favorites things and I probably would have done the same thing if I had 25 of them in front of me. Please dont give up, dont let yourself done. Re-start! Next time you fix quibes only fix couple or bake them instead.
  • paperboy
    paperboy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Um... stop telling yourself you screwed up. Don't dwell on the negative. It is going to be so much harder for you to succeed if you're down on yourself. It was one day.

In those calories... at most you've gained a pound. You'll lose it again in the next week. This is not a quick trip... this is a long journey.

Chin up. Stay positive. Keep moving forward.
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    OK I did not know what a kibe was so I Googled them, they look really good so I don't blame you. But on days where I eat too much I look at it as looking at the old you and realizing you do not want to eat like that. There was times before I started MFP where I was on a daily basis eating some 4 or 5000 calories a day. That the old me!!!!! Tommorow is a new day, and let today be a reminder of what you do not want to do.........Good Luck
  • revjackie04
    revjackie04 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's only ONE day....ONE meal in the whole grand scheme of things.....keep your chin up! That's great progress RECOGNIZING where our pitfalls are along this ENTIRE journey!

ummm.......what's kibe?

What a great comment....I screwed up yesterday, but was determined not to kill myself over it....Did not think of the progress in recognizing it..

Thanks
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    We are all allowed to "screwed up" once in a while. I remembered I ate 2 whole medium size pizza from pizzahut on a very sad day last december, that set me over 5000 calories and I am still here. Think of it as a treat, focus on eating right the next few days, drink lots of water and exercise if you can, tomorrow is a new day. :smile:
  • dixiegal2484
    dixiegal2484 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    everyon here is absolutlely and 100% right. it was only once. it probably will not affect you in the long run as long as you keep trying and dont let it happen to often. just last night i wen out with my boyfriend and had a chocolate chip cookie and hot fudge sundae. i only ate 1/3 of it but it sent me almost 700 calories ove my daily goal. i felt really bad and really guilty. so to make my self better i did 1 hour on the treadmill later that night to burn it off. i feel better in body and mind from the extra time i spent at the gym. so dont sweat it. just tell your self to try harder next time and stay positive. if you need more support join a discussion group and feel free to add me as a friend.