new here, hey all

Options
hey there well this is my 1st day and i'm here to make a change for the better, any support would be great. I dont normally talk on forums so i'm kinda new to this, I decided that enough was enough I have been struggling with my weight for a long time and am determined to do something about it.

charlie

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    the site is awesome and the people are even better. if you need a friend i am here. just go ahead and friend me. you will love it here. good luck to you and welcome.
  • rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You'll love it here! Read the posts, friend us....we are all here to help. I just got active 5 days ago, after signing up early, and am kicking myself. I should of done this 3 months ago.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I think you made a very good decision to join us all here. Feel free to add me as a friend and moral supporter for you. Good luck to you.
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses, this place does seem very friendly. my problem is I lack motivation but then again i guess that's the same for everyone. i am determined to make this change as i have been in denial about how my weight has affected things in my life , i will send u both friend requests and thanks.
  • jhines6927
    jhines6927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    good luck. I'm new also by a few days. Add me if you want:)
  • kris2683
    kris2683 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome Charlie! I just started on the site not to long ago too. Had some trouble over the holidays gained 2 lbs:(
    How much are you trying to lose? (feel free to add me as a friend)
  • charliex2202
    Options
    hey, thanks i have added you, I am new to trying to lose weight I have always put it off as i didnt believe that i would be able to do it, but that changed when last year i finally managed to quit smoking using my will power only...this proved to me that I could acheive anything i really wanted and losing weight is definately something I want, I have a lot to lose but am taking it one day at a time..the new me is waiting i can feel it.
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP and good luck!!!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    welcome and we are glad to have u
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Welcome Charlie!! Look through the M/Bs for whatever you care to learn about.
    This is the range of M/Bs on here. These are a couple of popular ones.
    Check these two out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145015-my-2011-52-7-7-challenge?page=8#posts-2023319
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/148087-is-this-appropriate-to-ask?page=6#posts-2022765
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Everyone on here is so helpful and motivating! Sending you a friend request :smile:
  • charliex2202
    Options
    thanks for the information and the kindness, :smile: