Your happy weight

Options
Hello Everyone,

I am just asking a random question on what you think your best weight is or your 'happy weight' I am 159cm and 57kg, I look so chubby, I know that this is a normal weight for my height, I gained a lot of weight over the past six months but my weight was normally 46/48kg so heres hoping I can get back down to there, what about you, what weight is your goal?

Thank you

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    The optimal weight for anyone (in my opinion) is where you are comfortable with yourself, are healthy, and fit enough to do whatever activities you want to do. I am 173 lbs at the moment, but I'd like to put on some muscle. I don't think that I'd like to get over 180 lbs though. Also, in terms of reach towards a goal, I like to track body fat % instead of weight. You can have your weight remain constant for over a month, but still be reducing body fat, which is great progress.

Allan
  • Mich4871
    Mich4871 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    my happy weight is 135... my end goal weight is 125.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options

pretty much this actually lol
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my happy weight is. I am looking forward to finding out though.
  • BarbieFromHellx
    BarbieFromHellx Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say happy weight, but my "comfortable" weight, or weight I am content with, is my current weight (around 9 stone) but I fluctuate by a few pounds very often. My goal weight is between 8 stone and 8 and a half stone though.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am at 108.5lbs and I am HAPPY!
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    130 would be perfect! 35 lbs to go
  • karinajean2388
    karinajean2388 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what my happy weight is. I am looking forward to finding out though.

Same here.

I reached my goal weight 2 1/2 months ago, set a new goal, and have lost a little since then. I have not found a "happy weight" yet. I also started exercising more though, so that should help.
  • mrsarm
    mrsarm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My body likes to be 8 and a half stone, but I'm currently 8 stone 9, which is my heaviest in 10 years.
    My favoured weight is exactly 8 stone, but my body rebels against this and I can't maintain it, so I'm going for the middle ground of 8 stone 2 or 3.
    That's 6-7 lbs to shift, which I'm really finding hard.
  • mrsarm
    mrsarm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need to exercise. I used to run and do 3 bootcamp sessions a week, now I do nothing.
    Must get motivated!
  • marushk
    marushk Posts: 3
    Options
    68 kg would be nice. :) Anything below 70 kg is my happy weight. :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Honestly? 180. My body type and frame - it looks good and I feel good. However, that is still in the "obese" category for my height, so I'm torn. I put my goal in MFP at 160. We'll see what happens.
  • Amy101975
    Amy101975 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Me too!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I would like to be 130-135; before weight gain during pregnancy I seemed to hang out between 140-145 without having to do anything. Lately it seems like my body wants to stay right where it is now at 149, so clearly a heart-to-heart with my fat is needed.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options

• ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Happy for me is when my pants fit, and I can eat without obsessing or being hungry all the time, and be able to keep up with my 3 boys. I think I'm pretty close to that now.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 140. I am currently 30 pounds above that, but I still love my body.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Having starting my journey at 333 lbs I just want to venture into onderland. Its been since my childhood that I have seen it.
    Once there it will be one pound at a time.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My happy weight is 170. I am 25lb. over that right now, but I was a lot more comfortable in my own skin at that weight and size.