Thryoid problems

Options
Hi eveyone, any one else out there with hypothryroid and having a hard time losing weight. For the last month I have been walking 2 miles and the recumbent bike for 40 minutes 5 days a week and I have stayed the same weight. I need help

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's. I lost way more slowly than most MFPers, so be patient. But I did it just like everybody else—by eating at a deficit. Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

MFP has a Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/770-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism
  • ludwigla35
    ludwigla35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have a condition that is called Silent Thyroiditis. I have a small goiter and a messed up metabolism. I went to my doctor who has been treating me for my depression and is my primary physician. I have worked with her for years to keep my depression in check and thyroid problem. I recently went to her asking for serious help with losing the baby weight that I have not lost since my 9 year old was born. I was about 196 after his was born and have got down to 179. That has been about 4 years ago. Since then I have been unemployed for the past year and a half. I went back to school for the past year and have not really worked seriously on loosing the weight. I have been up and down the same 5-10lbs for as long as I can remember. I just figure it is water weight since I am on a water pill that helps with the edema in my legs. I don't really know why I have edema but it was really bad when I was pregnant.

Now that I am serious about make a real change for the better, I have started last week on Phentermine 15mg capsule for apatite control and increased heart rate to improve my metabolism. So far I have lost 6 lbs. Yes I am not convinced that it is the pill as of yet. I have been biking most everyday for 1 hour. I enjoy being outside and gardening. The work seems much harder these days since I have just let myself go over the past 1.5 years. I have a new energy about it this time around. My goal is to work out doing something that raises my heart rate for at least an hour everyday. I have no trouble doing this with house cleaning, running up and down the stairs to do laundry and vacuum cleaning. I hope I don't get burned out. I am going on vacation in 2 weeks and can't wait to go swimming, biking and play tennis. I am sure I will do a bit of fishing too. It will be so nice to get away from the house. Just enjoy time with my family and no demands from my Mother or Dad. They are both BIG stressors for me. My dad has Alzheimer's and my mom is moving. She is always asking me to help her move boxes and bring more of her crap to my house to store. She is not going to rent anymore and is moving in with her sister in Arkansas. I really don't miss her much when she is gone because I don't have to be belittled constantly about my weight or how my house looks or anything else.

Sorry got a little long. I am also new to My fitness pal. I am 42 and am tiered of being tiered. Hope this helped.