Issues with Thyroid

Options
Hello everyone. I just wanted to know if any of you are going through this same issue of a slow thyroid. It has made my weight loss at first extremely hard but it seems that ones I got on MFP and started watching my calories it is not that big of a barrier but it is still a barrier. I try to work out five times a week and sometimes more. Any advice or suggestions on how to deal with this situation?

Thanks,

Sandy
2934599.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Are you on any type of medication? My mom was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism, her weight loss was at a stand still until she was diagnosed, and medicated. I had my thyroid tested and was low, but not under the limit, so I'm sure I might have to deal with it in the future. If you're really having trouble I would talk to your doctor and find out if there's something they can suggest.
  • armywifeliz
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism, and it's a real pain in the butt for weight loss and energy levels. I'm bad about taking my medication, but once I get on track with it, my body temps even out and I start to have energy again. You should have your doctor check your thyroid levels to see if you need meds, and then take them! It took a while for the doc to find my right dosage, but once she did, it gets a little easier to lose weight.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ive recently discovered I have a terrible issue with my thyroid...which makes sense now that Ive lost a lot of weight in the past yrs and looking back on how hard it was....its do-able BUT hard ..i lost 75lbs on my own before i knew about thyroid issue so its going to be interesting to see the difference once I start meds..my level is super wacked out 21.74......
  • bowserette
    bowserette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have issues with my thyroid, but I am taking medications that caused me to gain weight in the first place. Hopefully I won't have to be on it much longer... I really can use all the help I can get!

Good luck!
  • sandyrff
    Options
    I am on meds and have been for awhile it is a pain to take but becomes part of the routine. I just see all this different natural solutions and wonder if there is any truth to that. It has been hard to lose the wait and get energy but we are getting there.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed over a year and a half ago and it took a year and a half to get my dose right. As of November, I finally started having energy and finally started seeing results from all my hard work of eating right and exercising. I'm down almost 12 pounds in 7 weeks. I guess my best piece of advice is not to be hard on yourself and do not give up hope. The meds aren't a miracle pill, so patience is important. Like I said, over a year from diagnosis and the start of treatment for me to see results. It's been a tough road for me, but I think that I can now have the optimism to say that I will get my pre-hypo body back! We can definitely do this!! Keep doing what you are doing--tracking the calories, making wise choices, and exercising. I try to exercise 5 times a week. Good luck to you!!! :smile:
  • sandyrff
    Options
    thanks I will keep trying I also exercise 5 times a week