Hi! New to message boards! Could use some friends!

Options
gretlarson
gretlarson Posts: 52 Member
Hi! I'm Gretchen and in the past I have lost over 100 pounds at two different times only to gain it back again. I'm trying to get back to losing weight and becoming healthy. My big 4-0 birthday is in July. I have 2 children 5 and almost 8.

Replies

• Seagoat0175
    Seagoat0175 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, Gretchen! My name is Jennifer. I'm new to My Fitness Pal. I'm looking to lose some weight for several reasons. I used to be super healthy. I'd go to the gym 1-2 times a day 5-6 times a week. I walked a lot and I would go for extended bicycle rides and I watched what I ate. I got involved in a relationship with someone who eats out a lot and basically eats what he wants when he wants. I kind of fell into his habits when we moved in together. It's a year and a half later and I've gained 60 lbs. Right now I'm using Herbalife, mostly to balance out my nutrition and to get my used to eating smaller portions 5-6 times a day. Tuesday will be a week since I've begun. I'm not looking at this as a permanent solution, just something to retrain my body in what it already knows how to do. However, I'm thrilled to say that my boyfriend is doing it with me. It might take slightly longer for him to catch on, as he really hasn't tried to do anything like this before and he really needs it! I'm looking to add some friends on My Fitness Pal to support one another. At the moment, I only have two friends on there. It's nice to meet you. Happy early birthday to you. My big 4-0 isn't until January, but boy oh boy how time does fly :)
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi Gretchen!

My name is Lanae and I am not new to MFP. I know that having supportive friends makes a lot of difference in my success so far. Many of them were nice enough to add me when I did a post similar to yours. I would like to extend a friend request to you.
  • Seagoat0175
    Seagoat0175 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Lanae! I've added you :) Good luck! Looking to motivate and be motivated!!
  • jeanettetaylor1
    Options
    Hi Gretchen
    new to MFP have 20 kgs to loose. My daughter gets married june next year. Need encouragement. Thanks jeanette
  • gretlarson
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the feedback. :)
  • gretlarson
    Options
    Lanae! That is awesome that you have lost that much weight. It is so great to hear from people who have been able to stay motivated to lose the weight. :)
  • gretlarson
    Options
    Jennifer! Hi! Thanks for the reply! Your relationship seems like almost the opposite of mine with my husband. He is the one who s active and is really getting back into it. I'm the one who hasn't ever enjoyed being active. I am trying because I know I want to be old enough to see my children grow up and have their own children. I also know if I don't do something about getting healthy, I know what is waiting for me. I have had high blood pressure for 5 years and most of my older family members have type 2 diabetes. It's time that I have to do something. I wish you the best on your journey!!! I'm glad that your boyfriend is doing this with you.
  • gretlarson
    Options
    Jeanette! Hi! I have been a MFP member for over a year but didn't really start using the tools until about a month ago. I really like it. In the past when I have lost weight, I have tracked my calories in a notebook now with MFP I can do that on the computer. I have really liked using the reports. I can look back at what I have done over the month. I wish you the best in your journey.
  • dlopez907
    dlopez907 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello Gretchen, I myself have lost 100lbs a few times, I've gained 50lbs since this past Thanksgiving trying to get into good eating habits again.. feel free and add anyone.. Good luck on y'all journeys.
  • jassie9o4
    jassie9o4 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I have been back and forth and have had a hard time staying committed. I too am looking for some friends on here to help me out!!
  • APU1972
    APU1972 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Gretchen,

Ive (like most others) have yo-yo'd, but im sure this time ul break it because you want to be a fab 40.

Im nearly 42, but my excuse is my 2 kids and i want to see a future with me in it.

Im sure ul do it, but having a moan and asking advise is what we all do on here lol.

Chin up chick and add me if you wish

Andy
  • APU1972
    APU1972 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Jassie,

Im in the same boat as you, so motivation with others help i believe lol.

Add me if you wish.

Andy
  • mweb21
    mweb21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm Mike. I know the feeling. I lost over 100 lbs about 8 years ago and slowly put every pound back on. This is the first time since then that i'm serious about losing. I've lost 22 lbs in the past 47 days. Feel free to add anyone.
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me, we're all in this together!!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am Cindy, been on here 3 weeks now and doing well. I am no expert except when it comes to cheering others on.
    Feel free to add me.
  • OhHeyKasey
    OhHeyKasey Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kasey! Ive lost 85 lbs so far but just now started MFP and am excited to see how it helps me. (: Recently I've had an issue with binging and I'm determined to get over it. Anyone can add me! I'd love to support others and hopefully have others support me as well!
  • Tab122377
    Tab122377 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tabetha. I am mother of 3 boys 8,4,2 ( two play baseball) I have been serious with MFP since January and going to the gym 5 days a week min. had a minor set back on good Friday when my quadriplegic father totaled his car accident and totaled it spent two weeks in hospital. Down 18lbs.

Once making the change and seeing the physical change keep me in check during that time. I did go up a lb one week but that was is.

find people at home work to support you and here of course you can do it.
  • gretlarson
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies!!! It is great to be able to find supportive people who are all going through similar situations.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I found exercise the key to keeping off the weight I've lost. It's hard. It's time consuming, but I love that I still fit in my jeans. I love that my friends say I walk like and athlete. I love that a stranger said, "Look at those guns."

Lynne
  • stacyosoyoos
    stacyosoyoos Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Gretchen,
    I'm Stacy and I'm new to this as well, started may 25. I love reading everyone's comments and looking at the good diaries helps give me ideas of what I can make and how many calories it would use up. I need to lose 76lbs to get to my "ideal" weight for my height, however I think I would be just as happy to drop 60lbs.

Feel free to add me too, we can encourage each other :D